→ chapter two

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

Chaerin's first night at the burrow had been lovely, Hermione joined them later in the day and they all ate dinner together before venturing into the garden. Fred and George had been eager to show Chae some of their inventions and Chae was very interested, asking many questions and giving feedback on the things they could include.

Chae had also brought Arthur more plugs and batteries for his collection, much to Molly's dismay but Chae simply had no use for them.

They were now getting ready to pick up Harry, Chae could only hope that the Dursley's had been treating him well, even though she knew that was highly unlikely... But still she prayed the boy was okay.

The thing with Harry was, he was always getting himself into danger... But Chae was most excited to finally get a glimpse of his horrible cousin Dudley. Fred, George and Chae had come up with a plan that they knew would land them in a heap of trouble with Molly but the opportunity was too good to miss.

Arthur gathered the kids as he muttered the words 'incendio' and the crackling orange flames which licked at the fireplace walls, turned to a vibrant green, Arthur was first to go via floo powder, then fred, then Chae.

Chae grabbed a handful of powder before standing in the fireplace, she dropped the powder and shouted the Dursley's address. Within seconds she'd arrived but she found herself in complete darkness, she felt around only to find herself squished in between Fred and Arthur weasley.

"Why are we just standing here?" she asked, but got no response as Arthur tried to explain to Fred.

"Ouch! Fred, no - go back, go back! There's been some kind of mistake. Ouch! Chae that was my foot! Both of you go back and tell George! OUCH! George! There's not enough room in here!"

Chae soon found herself squished against Fred, it would've been comfortable if her back wasn't pressed against the wall. The close proximity between the two of them caused the hue of her cheeks to darken, a warm shade of red painting them, even if they were best friends. She stayed silent as she heard voices, Chae was certain the voice belonged to Harry.

A moment later Arthur had decided he was going to have to blast the boarding off, Chae had been wondering to herself why the Dursley's had even boarded up their fireplace... What kind of weirdo does that? How are they supposed to get warm?

Chae covered her ears as Fred wrapped his arms around her, protecting her from the explosion. Soon enough, they were out of the fireplace, introducing themselves to Harry's aunt and uncle.

Their house was neatly arranged but covered in rubble and dust due to the explosion, she had a feeling they wouldn't be too happy about that considering Harry's uncle already looked as if he was a bomb waiting to go off.

"Harry!" Chae exclaimed, pulling him into a hug as Fred and George said hello to him, she leaned back and stood next to Fred.

"Got your trunk ready?" Arthur asked.

"It's upstairs," Harry responded brightly.

"We'll get it!" Fred said at once, before he and george wondered off upstairs, Chae knew they wanted to try and catch a glimpse of Dudley. She wanted to as well, her eyes desperately searched the room for him but he was nowhere to be seen.

Chae stood awkwardly as Arthur continued to try and make conversation, but the Dursley's looked at them as if they were insane.

"Run off eckeltriciy do they?" Arthur's asked as he pointed towards the television and video recorder. Chae laughed gently before she corrected Mr. Weasley.

"It's electricity Arthur, I'll explain when we get back to the burrow!" he nodded at her thankfully before attempting to make conversation again but it was no good.

Chae's eyes immediately found their way to a rather large, blond boy who was shaking with fear as he scurried over to his mother whilst he for some reason held his butt. The girl had to hold back her laughter, her lips pressed together tightly.

Soon Fred and George arrived back with Harry's trunk and it was time for them to leave, Fred nudged the short girl and discreetly handed her some toffees that he had invented with George.

Arthur did the usual routine of turning the fire green before ushering Fred into the fireplace but as Fred was leaving a small bag of sweets fell from his pocket, Chaerin took this as a signal and pretended to accidentally drop hers too. The two of them scrambled to pick the toffees up but made sure to leave at least two.

Chae silently kicked the left over toffees to the side of the room where Dudley was stood whilst Fred went back to the burrow, she watched with George as Dudley picked up the toffee, unwrapping it.

"Right Chae, you next!" Arthur instructed, Chae was already at the burrow before she could watch the events take place. Fred stood up the moment she arrived, walking over to her.

He kindly dusted the soot off her clothing as she smiled at him, "I don't know if he ate it, but I saw the git unwrapping it!" she boasted.

Fred laughed. "We'll have to wait for the others to get back before we find out," he replied as the two of them sat down on the sofa, waiting for the other Weasley's to return.

Chae looked around the room as she sat with Fred, her eyes landing on two other Weasleys, she knew they were Bill and Charlie but they had never met before. They were both rather attractive but she couldn't help but stare at Bill, his long hair and the fang earring certainly catching her attention.

This didn't go unnoticed by Fred and the red head looked down at the girl who sat next to him, practically undressing his brother with her eyes. Well maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration but he still didn't like the way she was staring at him.

Hermione and Ginny walked over to sit next to Chaerin, laughing at the girls expression, Hermione nudged her, "Find him attractive do you?" she asked with a smirk on her face, Chae nodded her head, her eyes never leaving the oldest Weasley who was sat at the table. Fred scoffed and Ginny looked at him, it was obvious he was jealous.

Chae began to panic as Bill began to walk over to the four of them, her eyes as wide as saucers she quickly looked away, hoping he hadn't noticed her staring. Bill began to introduce himself, shaking the girls hand, Chaerin (who was panicking on the inside) didn't know what to say.

"I'm going to guess, you're Chaerin right? Fred's girlfriend?" he said, Chae stuttered and the three behind her began to laugh, the scene was quite hilarious.

"Best friend... I'm his best friend" she managed to reply, Bbill smiled kindly at her as Charlie walked over.

"I thought you were Fred's girlfriend too, he doesn't shut up about you," Charlie added, Fred now glaring at him, Chae blushed at the comment.

"Well it's nice to meet you!" Chaerin said quickly, hoping to change the subject. God she needed Harry to arrive quickly so she could escape the awkward situation and find out if Dudley had eaten the ton-tongue toffee.