→ chapter thirteen

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

the next few weeks at hogwarts had been a swarm of frenzy for chaerin, she was stuck in the middle of ron and harry's feud and was trying to balance avoiding fred and george's inventions which seemed to be getting even more bizarre as they went on.

chae was currently sat in her defence against the dark arts lesson, professor moody had been showing them the unforgivable curses. she thought it was absolutely absurd that he was using them on a living creature, but nevertheless went along with writing her notes as sora sat beside her.

"you know i'm really beginning to worry" sora started, causing chae to put down her quill.

"i know sora, but as much as this tournament is dangerous apparently it's been modified to be the safest it's ever been" she tried to reason, but sora shook her head.

"it's absolutely barbaric that they even decided to bring it back, i haven't gone one day without worrying that cedric is going to end up dead"

"sora, dumbledore won't let a student die, i'm sure cedric will be okay, he won't die. he's a smart boy, i bet he knows what to do"

sora nodded at her cousins word, but before she could reply to chae a piece of chalk was thrown at them, barely missing chae's head.

"miss chang and miss song! will you stop talking in my class! you're lucky i know your mother chang!" professor moody bellowed, chae and sora looked at each other in shock, but they certainly didn't dare speak again till the end of the lesson.

"he's absolutely crazy!" said chae as she walked down the stairs with cho, who had met her to go to lunch together.

"he bloody sounds it" cho agreed.

the two of them arrived at the great hall and walked over to the ravenclaw table, where they began to eat. chae watched in alarm as cho reached for a custard cream, she quickly slapped it out of her hand.

"chaerin! what are you doing?!"

"don't eat that! fred and george have obviously been around, custard creams are never here at lunch"

"why can't i eat it?" cho questioned, as they watched a first year ravenclaw girl bite into one. chae grimaced as she watched the unfortunate girl transfigure into a canary, after a minute the girl had moulted her feathers and was back to her human self, although she looked considerably mortified.

"oh okay, now i see why" cho said as she retracted her hand from the plate of custard creams.

chae nodded her head, before turning back to her mashed potatoes. when the girls had finished their lunch, they had a considerable amount of time left until their next class so they ventured outside. cho said goodbye to her sister when she spotted her friends and chae saw fred and george standing by the trees whispering, their backs turned.