→ chapter fifty seven

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

bitterness spread throughout chae's body, her eyes scanning the notice that made her blood crawl. after yesterday's events, chae had known something bad was going to happen, but she didn't think it would be something like this.

BY ORDER OF THE MINISTRY OF MAGIC

dolores jane umbridge (high inquisitor) has replaced
albus aumbledore as head of hogwarts school of
witchcraft and wizardry.

the above is in accordance with educational decree number twenty-eight.

signed: cornelius oswald fudge, minister for magic.

"it's bad isn't it?" cho sighed, staring at her sister from across the table. chae kept quiet, nodding her head in response.

"come on, let's just get to class" said chae, no longer wanting to be anywhere near their new headmistress.

when chae had made it to ancient runes, sora turned to face her a look that screamed for chaerin plastered on her face but chae paid no attention to her cousin. if she was going to betray the whole of the DA, then she could deal with the consequences of her actions.

the brunette moved seats to sit next to a hufflepuff girl called serena. the blonde hufflepuff smiled at her kindly, moving over to make space for chae and chae thanked her.

"have you seen that dumbledore is gone?" serena asked sadly.

chae nodded her head, wanting to avoid the subject but replied nonetheless.

"i dread to think what will happen now that umbridge is in charge, she's an evil woman who i hope is eaten alive by cockroaches"

serena looked at the girl warily, the anger radiating off her. was chaerin chang that angered over one woman?

serena didn't question chae further but the two of them enjoyed a conversation throughout the lesson, saying goodbye to each other at the end.

the ravenclaw girl was met with a free period after her ancient runes class. she walked silently to the great hall, sitting down at the ravenclaw table and pulling out her books. snape had set another potions essay so she needed to get to work on that.

the great hall was quiet, seventh years all working hardly not uttering a word to one another. however, when chae looked up she was face to face with draco malfoy, fighting the urge to roll her eyes.

"what do you want?" she spat.

"now now, is that any way to talk to your superiors?" said draco, a smirk on his face.