→ chapter eight

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

the next morning chae and cho made their way down to the great hall for breakfast, before chae could even sit down at the ravenclaw table she found herself being dragged to the gryffindor table where she was sat in between fred and george. she looked at them expectantly.

"what do you two want?"

"well, you're good at potions right?" said george, as the two twins stared at the girl.

"i suppose so" she sighed, already knowing what they were going to ask.

"don't be so modest, you know you're brilliant at them" said fred, causing george to nod his head quickly.

"complimenting me won't get me to do what you want boys"

"what is it that we want then chae?" george asked, a smirk on his face.

"i know you want an ageing potion, you'll be disappointed in knowing that it won't get you past dumbledore's age line"

"but it will" said fred, chae sighed and shook her head as she began to butter a piece of toast. she sat at the gryffindor table so often that nobody bothered to question it anymore.

"yeah, we only need to be a few months older" george responded. chae took a bite of her toast, ignoring the twins who continued to pester her as she ate her breakfast.

"oh chaerin! please" pleaded fred, who placed his hands on the girl's shoulders, turning her to face him.

"you and george took potions too, why can't you both do it?"

"because we'd rather not mess it up" george said.

chae groaned "oh fine, get me the ingredients by lunch and i'll do it"

"by lunch?!" fred exclaimed.

"it won't work, i'm telling you, you won't get past dumbledore's age line... you either get me the ingredients by lunch or you can kiss your potion goodbye" chae said as she stood up, ready to make her way to transfiguration.

fred and george looked at each other in shock, they grumbled before they stood up and left the table now on their quest for ingredients.

chae arrived to transfiguration early, professor mcgonagall smiled at her brightly before bringing the girl into a hug. chaerin hugged her grandmother before sitting in her usual spot.

she quickly pulled out a piece of parchment and a quill, she dipped the quill in the ink and began to recall the ageing potion recipe.