→ chapter seventeen

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

the next week was full of girls giggling and whispering in the corridors as the christmas holidays were arriving rapidly. chae had laughed when harry and ron complained that they all travelled in packs. she was currently sat at the gryffindor table with hermione, ron and harry.

"harry have you had any luck with that egg?" chae asked as placed her quill onto the parchment.

"no he hasn't, he hasn't bothered to try and work it out" said hermione, causing chae's eyes to widen at harry.

"harry! you told me you'd figured it out you little liar! you lie to me one more time and i swear i'll hex you!"

harry's eyes went wide at chaerin's threat, he swore that she was always threatening someone.

"oh come on you two! it's christmas! i've got till february to work it out" said harry, hermione and chae looked at each other before they looked to harry.

"but it could take you weeks to figure the egg out" hermione replied, chae nodding her head.

"hermione's right harry, i suggest you start getting a move on" said chae as she picked up her quill, preparing to finish her transfiguration notes.

"leave him alone you two, he's earned himself a bit of a break" ron said as he placed the last two cards on his and harry's card house, however the house blew up and singed his eyebrows.

"nice look ron... will go well with your dress robes!"

fred and george appeared causing chae to look up, however she quickly looked back down at her work knowing she needed to get it done. the twins sat down at their table.

"ron, can we borrow pigwidgeon?" asked george.

"no, he's off delivering a letter, why?" said ron.

"cause george wants to ask him to the ball" fred responded sarcastically.

"because we want to send a letter you stupid great prat" said george.

"who do you keep writing to eh?" questioned ron further.

chae knew who the twins were writing to, she wasn't happy about it either. ludo bagman hadn't paid the twins their money which made her furious, the man claimed to be all high and mighty but refused to give two teenage boys the money they won fair and square.

"nose out ron... or i'll burn that for you too" threatened fred as he waved his wand warning the boy.

"so... you lot got dates to the ball yet?" he continued, ron shook his head.