→ chapter ninety five

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

"You! Get up! Come with me now!" A man shrieked, startling Chaerin awake and pulling her up harshly, his grip on her arm tightening the closer they got to the entrance of the basement cell.

Confusion flooded through Chae's system, who was he and why was he pulling her out like this? The confusion clouded her senses just as much as the leftover sleepiness had, she had not been expecting to be woken up in such a jarring manner. Her eyebrows were furrowed with her teeth knawing on her lip, her eyes watching the weird man curiously whilst his fingers clumsily fumbled with the lock.

The man was chubbier than anyone she had seen around the mansion, with a grotesque-looking face. His hair which seemed to be dry and unruly stuck up in masses of a light strawberry blonde. Chae was trying to fit his face to a name in her head, she did not recognise him at all but he seemed all too familiar.

"What are you doing?" Chae whispered.

"Quiet girl!" he shushed her rudely, finally managing to open the door.

It only took Chae a few minutes to decipher who this mystery man was, with the right assumptions and a few pieces of knowledge, there was a simple explanation. He was Peter Pettigrew. The man who had betrayed the beautiful Sirius. He was the anomaly among the Marauders, the friend who was always last to follow, the friend who had destroyed two lives and trapped another. He was not a friend at all, he was nothing but a rat.

Chae's face scrunched up in disgust, before wincing in pain when his stubby hands roughly pushed her into a chair in the grand Malfoy Manor living room. She let out a sigh when she realised what was to come, another endless game of pain.

"Thank you Wormtail, now leave us," the serpent-like villain said in a high, cold, and clear voice.

His loyal and faithful servant scurried off into the darkness, leaving the two of them alone and Chae's tired eyes tried their hardest to ignore his presence, her head turned to the side to look outside the window.

She yearned to go outside, it had been months since she had last felt the grass beneath her feet, the wind tousling her hair, the cool breeze of the air that put an end to her worries. The Ravenclaw wasn't exactly sure how much time had passed since her kidnapping, but she was sure it had been months.

The moon hung proudly in the dark of the night, shining down onto the world in a graceful, serene manner. Colours of blue and purple blended against one another to compliment the many tiny spheres of light, that looked like diamonds.

The lungs inside Chaerin's ribcage desired nothing more than to breathe the outside air, they wanted to fill themselves with oxygen to keep Chae's withering soul alive. It was what she needed, she needed to feel alive and the outside world was the only thing that could grant her the freedom she craved.

"It's such a shame," the man began, walking over to Chae. "A gift like yours, being suppressed and wasted because you refuse to grant yourself freedom."

Chae said nothing, keeping her lips shut, and continued to stare out the tall window.

"I've told you, you can leave the moment you tell me where Harry Potter is," he hissed, his cold hand running across the length of Chae's jaw.

"I don't know where he is, but I will not beg you for my freedom, so if that's what you want I'm sorry to disappoint," Chae seethed and Voldemort shook his head.

"Don't lie to me half-blood."

"You're kidding yourself, I had no intention of knowing where Harry was going. Why would I burden myself with that?"

"I'm not stupid. You're a seer. You can look into the future, you can see where he's heading!" He shouted, causing Chaerin to flinch at his tone.

"I have technical difficulties when it comes to that."

"Don't humor me, you stupid girl!"

"I wasn't trying to be funny, I was being serious."

A sharp sting washed across Chae's hollow cheek, she stayed silent in response. A cut on her face reopened at the contact, hot and sticky blood trickling down to her jaw.

"Answer me this dear girl," said the Dark Lord, beginning to pace. "Who is the redhead you're so fond of?"

"He's no one."

"So he's not your lover?"

"I don't have a lover, let alone a ginger. Why would I want one of those?" she joked.

"Don't try and be funny, you're not very good at it."

Chae rolled her eyes, had he seen himself? Like he could do better. Silence filled the atmosphere for a moment, the soft crackling of the fire mixing with Chae's laboured breathing. But then, his crimson eyes met hers, causing Chae to shudder, the fear beginning to seep through her bloodstream again.

"What if I bring him to you? Will you tell me where Harry Potter is? I'll let you walk freely out of here, hand in hand with him."

Was he crazy? Why on Earth would Chae want Fred anywhere near a mess as big as this? It was bad enough he'd have to deal with the baggage that was going to come from such traumatic events that she had been put through. Why would she want to burden him with anything more?

"You leave him alone. He's done nothing wrong."

"He's a blood-traitor."

"So what? You're not even a pureblood, when are you planning to tell them you're just as muggle as the rest of us?"

The words had left Chae's mouth before she could even think of stopping them, her tongue had betrayed her mind shoving a dagger into it's back, now she would have to suffer the consequences.

Within seconds the young woman had been shoved to the ground, her chest colliding brutally with the cold marble floor, knocking the air from her lungs. The balls of the man's foot pushed on her back, keeping her from moving.

From his perspective, she was now in her rightful place, beneath him. Who did she think she was to talk up to someone like him? She was nothing but a filthy kind of witch if you could even call her that. Chaerin was the bottom of the food chain, a weak and feeble mouse that the snake preyed on, wrapping his serpent body around her, constricting her until she popped and he could devour his meal.

He would not let her talk to him that way. No, he had to teach her a lesson. He could not have such a young girl think she could question his ruling, no, he would rule. He would rule over her and others like her, she was nothing but a blip in the system that he could dispose of, it was all too easy.

Chaerin's bones rattled against her skin in terror as he leaned down to her ear, his whispers hissed harshly against the cool skin of her ear. Droplets of sweat began to pour from her forehead and Chae's mind was begging her body to pass out, she wanted nothing more for the darkness to encase her.

But that would not happen.

"You're going to wish you didn't say that. You're going to wish that I had killed you the moment you got here."

a/n ~ hey angels !! i'd like to apologise that all the recent chapters have been a bit boring and repetitive, things will fasten up soon !! thank you for 62K reads and thank you for always reading, please don't forget to vote and comment !! <3