→ chapter thirty eight

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

tuesday morning chae sat at the ravenclaw table, she was enjoying her eggs when cho came running over to her. the daily prophet clutched in her hands, chae let out a sigh before she put her fork down and took the paper from her sister.

what waited for chae on the front page certainly made her stomach go into a frenzy, there on the first page was a photo of her defence against the dark arts teacher, smiling a sickly sweet smile as per usual. however, that wasn't what took her by storm, it was the heading.

'MINISTRY SEEKS EDUCATIONAL REFORM
DOLORES UMBRIDGE APPOINTED FIRST
EVER HIGH INQUISITOR'

"she's a mad woman!" cho exclaimed as chae began to read the article, rolling her eyes the moment she saw percy's name. after she had read the article she wasted no time in calling fred and george over, the twins sat down opposite her.

"you won't believe this!" chae started "umbridge now has the right to inspect our teachers and make new decisions! this is absolutely ridiculous!"

the twins stared at her for a moment before they looked down at the newspaper that lay once where chae's breakfast had.

"you're joking?" said george.

"no i'm not! look read it!" chae said, thrusting the newspaper at the boy.

"of course percy's gotta have his say!" george said angrily.

"he's such a git!" interrupted fred.

the girl was positively angry as she thought about the amount of power umbridge had. it was completely and utterly unfair, how dare she waltz into hogwarts and acts like she owns the place.

even worse she was questioning dumbledore, chae knew that dumbledore was getting on a bit but he ran hogwarts very well and she would never ever question his abilities. he was after all, one of the greatest wizards known.

"that evil woman!" chae said loudly, attracting the attention of a few hufflepuffs.

"don't worry love, george and i are going to see if we can sneak a few puking pastels in her tea" said fred, nicking a bit of bacon from chae's plate.

"hopefully she'd throw up in front of the whole school and never think to come back" said george, who also nicked some bacon from chae's plate which caused cho to laugh.

"chae, i'll see you later, i have potions!" she said quickly and chae nodded at her sister.

the anger was clearly written on the girls face but she knew there was absolutely nothing she could do.