→ chapter sixty eight

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

Shades of midnight blue painted their way across the night sky, stars dancing with one another as the night grew deeper. There was no sign of the fluffy masses known as clouds, the magnificent beauty of the stars was revealed much to their glory shining against one another without a care in the world. The view was truly breathtaking.

Stars. What beautiful things they were, burning luminously since the day they were born, no use-by date in sight. Spheroids of plasma gorgeously bound together and held by their own gravitational force. Millions of miles away from the planet Earth, burning furiously hot above the small things people cherish.

But even stars burn out.

The death of a star, something so tragic but still so normal. After all, nothing can live forever, like the flame of a candle that eventually goes out or perhaps falling asleep after extreme exhaustion. Once a star exhausts all of its energy, it dies, collapsing and taking its new form as a supernova.

That's how Cho Chang would describe the death of her beloved sister and dearest best friend.

The small child's bedroom was painted baby pink, small flowers spreading out across the walls lining the top of the paint. The colours blending perfectly as the golden glow from the unicorn lamp lit up the room. A small chest sat in the corner of the room filled with toys, next to it was a white wardrobe with a few stuffed animals sitting on the roof of it.

A girl no older than five lay in her bed, her features resembling her mother and the aunt she never got to meet. Cho, her mother was laid by her side her eyes smiling with the adoration of her own flesh and blood.

"Mum? Can you tell me about Auntie Chae, please? " The small child asked politely, a cheesy grin on her face causing her mother to laugh.

"Okay Rina, but then it is most definitely your bedtime," Cho said, playfully pointing a finger at her daughter who only smiled an ever wider smile than she had done previously.

"Your Auntie Chae was a real fighter, she was selfless and fought right until the end. I lost her to the war, she's part of the reason the world we live in now is a better place. I'd say she was a real angel."

The small girl now known as Rina stared up at her mother, curiosity swimming in her eyes.

"What about Uncle Fred? The funny one!"

"He was definitely very funny, did I ever tell you about the time he told your Auntie Chae he was going to purchase his very own Nargle? The two of them loved each other unconditionally and they would love you just as much if they were still here," said Cho, sighing sadly.

"What's a Nargle?" Rina asked curiously, her mother erupting with laughter.

"I'll get Auntie Luna to tell you all about them when we visit her next," Cho stood up, leaning over Rina to tuck her safely into bed. "Now I think it's time you went to sleep, goodnight sweetpea."