→ chapter fifty three

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

within a month, chae had settled back in at hogwarts. she had somewhat of a routine, it was slightly different from her old one considering she had not spoken to the twins or harry since the argument that took place at christmas.

maybe it was the fact that chae was stubborn and refused to apologise for something she hadn't started. or maybe it was the fact that what fred had said was completely out of order, and from that moment on fred weasley was nothing to her.

at least that's what she told herself.

chae felt guilty for ignoring george but she knew that if she wanted to stay away from fred she'd have to stay away from george, who at first tried to question her actions before slowly giving up.

"i need to tell you something" sora said from beside chae, chae who was too invested in her homework to care nodded her head.

"go on then" she replied, looking up at sora.

"i kissed harry" sora rushed out.

chae's eyes widened slightly, cho had been right.

"okay?" chase questioned, not knowing how to respond to the new information she had learned.

sora evidently let out a sigh and nodded her head determinedly "i like him, it feels good to get that off my chest"

chae nodded her head before shutting her book and letting out a sigh.

"sora i love you, but i need to know this information why?" chase asked, her head leaning in the palm of her hand.

sora gave the brunette a look before shaking her head.

"what's going on with you? you seem like you've changed" sora said gently, wanting to get to the bottom of chae's attitude.

"i haven't changed in the slightest, i'm simply letting others see a side of me that was hidden, i'm tired of pretending to care, i'm tired of keeping my mouth shut" expressed chae, and sora nodded her head, understanding what chae meant.

"is this about fred?" sora asked cautiously.

chae rolled her eyes before turning her head to look at sora.

"sorry, who?" chae asked, pretending as if the boy didn't exist.

"chaerin, you'll have to talk to him eventually"

"i don't know what you're taking about" the girl responded, before grabbing her stuff and walking to the ravenclaw common room.

she didn't understand why everybody was trying to pin her emotions on one silly boy who thought it was okay to say what he said to her. chae thought her actions were perfectly reasonable after all fred had really hurt her.

had he been feeling like that for the whole of her friendship?

as far as chaerin chang was concerned fred weasley was no longer needed in her life.

chae was making her way to the ravenclaw common room when she felt a tug on her elbow and found herself being pulled into a room. she looked up in alarm but was quickly relieved to find that it was only her grandmother.

"chae, i want you to learn more about your seer abilities" she said, chae nodded her head slightly interested.

"now what happened the night arthur weasley was attacked? what did you see?" mcgonagall asked as she invited chae to sit down in front of her desk, offering her a biscuit.

chae took the biscuit thankfully before beginning to speak.

"well i had a really bad feeling in my stomach, i knew that something bad was going to happen and i closed my eyes, trying to focus on what was causing the feeling. then without realising i was talking, i said arthur was in danger" chae explained.

professor mcgonagall nodded her head, staring intently at her oldest granddaughter.

"now i'm not supposed to tell you this, but dumbledore thinks that you could be the most genuine and powerful seer known" said professor mcgonagall, causing chae's eyes to widen in shock.

"chaerin i want to try something" her grandmother said, still not removing her gaze from the brunette girl.

chae simply nodded her head, ready to try anything.

"just close your eyes and focus okay, focus on the future"

chae did what her grandmother said, blocking out every thought that wondered into the suburb of her mind. however, after seeing nothing but darkness, chae began to feel quite silly.

"it's not working" chae said bluntly as she opened her eyes, causing her grandmother to tut.

"try again chae"

so she did. but still nothing.

"nothing"

"just try again, third try at anything works"

chae closed her eyes, breathing out and emptying her mind once again. after about two minutes of darkness and continuing to try and picture the future, an image burst into her mind, a ray of colours and pictures she'd never seen before.

she saw the gryffindor keeper, ron, saving goals... she saw a flash of blue on a broomstick and figured gryffindor were playing ravenclaw.

the image disappeared and chae tried to focus again.

the next thing she saw was ron being carried into the castle, people cheering for him which sounded like an edited version of the slytherin's horrible song 'weasley is our king'.

when chae opened her eyes, she found that the sun had set and her grandmother was marking essays.

"finally, i was beginning to think you fell asleep" professor mcgonagall joked, but chae shook her head as an excited smile grew on her face.

"i saw something!" chae shouted.

her grandmother smiled proudly at her, hoping that chae's new abilities would be able to help them with the order and the fight against the dark lord.

"what did you see?" mcgonagall asked quickly.

"gryffindor are going to win the quidditch cup" chae said simply, leaving her grandmother awestruck, a proud feeling in the pit of her stomach as she gazed at her granddaughter.

later that night, the moon was full and the small girl found herself checking under her bed for a little velvet box, where she had hidden a crystal phial with the ingredients she needed for an animagus transformation.

she quietly pulled the box out as cho and luna were sleeping soundly. her fingertips hesitated over the top of the box but then excitedly pulled the box open, her smile widening when she saw the blood red potion in the phial.

chae grabbed her wand and the crystal phial, beginning to make her way outside of the castle, walking hurriedly into the outskirts of the forbidden forests so that nobody could spot her. she'd be devastated if umbridge had seen the whole transformation.

the full moon shone bright above in the magnificent sky that was littered with stars as chaerin placed the tip of her wand against her heart.

"amato animo animato animagus" said chae confidently.

her hands pulled the phial to her lips, the mouthful of blood red potion trickling down her throat.

chae dropped the phial as an intense fiery pain began to burn inside her. she could feel a second heartbeat begin within her. her eyes closed gently and she saw a picture of the creature she was going to transform into in a moment before she was given a warning.

'you must show no fear, it is too late now, to escape the change you have willed'

before she could realise what was happening, chaerin chang had successfully become an animagus.