Chapter 107: Nationals part 2

-Maribel pov-
When your fiancé's are all busy with the little ones and the big ones being little..you have to step up. So now I'm looking at a lost club. A club that has no clue what to do. Tina is the only one here and she's the solo. Right now Portland is up and we are next.

I take a deep breath and look around. It's not that they don't know what to do. It's that they need me to calm their nerves. The others will come on time. I need to make sure these ones are ready for this though.

"Alright!" I do a clap like Shelby would before I stand up "We have all had one hell of a year right? We have all had ups and we've had downs...but through every down we've been there as a family! We've been there for one another! This is the last competition for some of you...for some of you this is only the beginning..I know we didn't come this far to be losers! We came to win! And I'll be damned if some slushy throwing, dumbass, tone deaf group is going to beat us! We are going to rock this! We are going to bring that trophy home! WE! ARE! GOING! TO! WIIINNN!"

Everyone smiles and starts cheering. I hear claps from the door and see the girls. Shelby gives me a thumbs up as she walks toward me. She wraps a arm around me before turning to the group.

"I couldn't have said anything better than that right there" I share a smile with her before we turn back to the group "Now let's kick some Portland and some New York ass!"

Everyone cheers as the lights flicker. It's go time. We wait till Portland's gone before walking to the stage. I look back to see Tina nervously pacing. I walk back to her and grab her hands.

"Hey" She looks up at me "You have this ok? We wouldn't have agreed with everyone's votes if we didn't think you could do this! Your team picked you because they believe in you! So go and bring out the inner Broadway in you...go be Tina Cohen-Chang!"

"Yeah" She smiles and nods "I've got this! I'm Tina Cohen-Chang and I can sing! And I'm going to bring the house down! IVE GOT THIS!"

I smile and let go of her hands. When she gets called up she gets the music started and starts walking out. Shelby starts to panic but I put a hand on her shoulder. She looks at me confused and I point to Tina.

"She's got this" I give Shelby a smile "She's got this"

-Tina singing-
It's always been about me, myself, and I
I thought relationships were nothing but a waste of time
I never wanted to be anybody's other half
I was happy staying out of love that wouldn't last
That was the only way I knew 'til I met you

Tina starts to move around more and I can see the crowd move too. She's got them hooked.

You make me wanna say
I do, I do, I do, do do do do do do do
Yeah, I do, I do, I do, do do do do do do do
'Cause every time before it's been like
Maybe yes and maybe no
I can't live without it, I can't let it go
Ooh what did I get myself into?
You make me wanna say I do, I do, I do, I do, I do, I do

Tina does her proposal esque dance. The crowd smiling and moving along still. They love her. And I think she knows it.

Tell me is it only me
Do you feel the same?
You know me well enough to know that I'm not playing games
I promise I won't turn around and I won't let you down

We all cheer as she does her spins and jumps. She's had trouble during practice but she's finally let go. She's finally being her.

You can trust I've never felt it like I feel it now
Baby there's nothing, there's nothing we can't get through
So can we say
I do, I do, I do, do do do do do do do
Oh baby, I do, I do, I do, do do do do do do do
'Cause every time before it's been like
Maybe yes and maybe no
I won't live without it, I won't let it go
What more can I get myself into?
You make me wanna say