Chapter 78

-Maddison pov-
"Alright students!" I draw the attention of the student body to me "I know we've been away for a week and a half! I know you all don't wanna be here! But all I ask you is to please follow the rules that usually happen here and to finish this year off with high hopes and good times!"

Everyone claps and I smile. The students actually like me! I wave my hand to dismiss them and they all leave. I grab my stuff from the podium and walk out of the gym. I walk into the school and see all of the kids walking around. I have a good feeling about today.

I walk to my office and the biggest smile breaks out. On the floor playing is Emma, Lucy, Rachel, and Santana. Shelby is watching them while Pam and sugar get some work done.

"Hello my lovely family" I close the door behind me "Hows everyone?"

"Is! Is!" Emma crawls over to me smiling "Is!"

"Hey Emma" I pick her up and sit down in a chair "How are you doin?"

"El" She cuddles into me "I ay!"

"I know!" I give her a forehead kiss "I'm so glad you've gotten into this"

Cause it was not easy a few days ago.

-few days ago-
"Emma it's ok to play" It's been a week since Emma wanted to be like the girls. Thing is she won't play or do anything "isn't that right Shelby?"

"We want you to be comfortable around us" Shelby put a hand on Emma's shoulder and smiles "We love you no matter what"

"I ared" Emma has tears form in her eyes "I o ana e o"

"Take your time then" I pull her close to me and Shelby moves closer "We won't rush things"

Some time passed during that Friday and we were doing paper work when Judy rushed in. She was looking around the office in a hurry. I looked at Shelby who just shrugged.

"You ok Jude?" She doesn't answer so I get up and walk over to her "Jude?"

"She's playing!" Judy picks up the camera and runs out of the room. Shelby runs out after and I slowly follow "Look!"

I smile when I see what the excitement is about. Emma is playing with the girls on the ground. She has her pacifier in her mouth and dolls in her hands. She looks so sweet down there playing.

"I think this is a good step" I look at Shelby and smile wider "This is a good step"

-Current-
Knock knock

"I wasn't expecting anyone" I get up and slightly open the door. I'm shocked by who's there "Uhhhh what's going on?"

"Well Fran is watching the girls and...and I was told to come here for a job interview" Judy sighs "I have a teaching degree a-and I'm good with everything you already know I am! I'm fine doing aid work"

"What's going on?" Shelby walks over and I open the door more "Judy? What's going on?"

"She's asking for a job interview" Shelby looks at her confused and I nod "That's my thought"

"We need money and me working would help!" Judy shakes her head and starts walking away "I'll just go somewhere else"

"Get back here Judy" she doesn't stop and Shelby grows "GET BACK HERE NOW!"

"Or what?!" Judy turns around and we can see the tears falling "I wanna help make sure we can make it to New York! I wanna make sure our wedding is nice and paid in full! I want to make sure our lives are easy! Why can't everything just be easy?"