Chapter 44

-Rachel pov-Hospital-
It's been a few hours since the lockdown. Santana is asleep on Shelbys lap, Beth is playing with Fran, Sugar is spaced watching Fran, Judy is comforting Lucy, Emma is talking with Ms. Moore, and I'm sitting in a chair beside the bed. Brittany is just laying there...asleep. She looks so at peace at least.

"She's going to be fine Rachel" I look up at my mom who gives a small smile "She wouldn't leave you girls"

"I'm not only worried about her" I look at Santana who now has a frown on her face "Her, Ms. Moore, and Emma watched it happen"

"I know" We both look as Ms. Moore slowly lowers Abby toward Beth before standing back up and holding her close "I think they are going to need help"

"Who needs help?" We look at Emma who walks over smiling "I'm doing fine! Perfect! Great!"

"Emma we know you watched a kid die" Emma's smile falters "It's ok to be scarred"

"I'm fine" Emma looks at Brittany "I'm not the one you all need to focus on right now"

"We can worry about multiple people" Emma sighs and her smile finally breaks as a tear falls "Shelby is Mommy, Judy is Momma, and I wanna call you mami...is that ok?"

"It's perfect" Emma continues slowly breaking down looking at Brittany. She reaches out and touches her leg "Please wake up...I finally got a name! I'm your mami now! But you have to wake up and say it ok! Now wake up Brittany...please wake up!"

Everyone is now watching Emma break down. Judy gets up and pulls her into her. Emma pushes away though and holds Brittany close. I feel tears fall down my face as I start breaking down too.

Soon sobs and sniffle fill the room. Then someone's angelic laughter rings out. We all look up at the bed.

"You're tickling me!" Emma pulls back and Brittany looks at all of us "What's with the tears? Did someone...WHERES LUCY?!"

"I'm right here baby" Lucy runs over and grabs Brittanys hand calming her down "I'm right here"

"You're ok? They didn't hurt you right?" Brittany looks all over Lucy and Lucy starts laughing "Why are you laughing?"

"Cause you're the one that got shot and your worried about me" Lucy smiles and shakes her head "You never change love"

"I love you" Brittany looks at all of us "I love all of you"

"I hate to break this up" We look at the door to see some officers "But I need to see the ladies that we got out of the office"

-Emma pov-
I walk out with Santana and Madison. The officers lead us away to a private area. I look at Madison and see her holding herself. She left Abby there now she has no comfort.

"Here" I grab on of her hands and smile "You seem like you need help"

"Thank you" She doesn't smile back "How are you ok?"

"I'm not" I sigh and look at Santana who's talking with one of the officers "I just want to be ok for her"

"That's not a good thing to show her?" I look at Madison hurt and confused "If you show Santana that if you have someone else in your life that experienced something it's ok to bottle everything up...she may bottle everything up slowly so other don't see it"

"I guess you're right" I look back at Santana "I just don't want her to be worried"

"She's going to be" Madison turns my head to face her "But the question is will you help her with that worry or keep going the way you are?"

Before I can answer Santana comes back. Madison lets go of my hand and goes over to the officers. I look at Santana and see her trying to look strong.