Chapter 10

Shelby let's me go "So" I turn and look at her scared "You're into breastfeeding?"
-Santana pov-
"I-I well I Uh" what do you say to your hopefully-soon to be-girlfriends mom when asked that..I guess the truth "I've never had a mom...she left and my dad took care of me so when I met Judy I felt loved...I felt like I had a mom! But I felt like I was missing out on something...when I got older and learned more I started looking up what mom do with babies and found breastfeeding....I just always wanted to have a small experience of what I've missed you know?"

"I know" Shelby looks me in the eyes "So you want to have the experience of what a baby girl would?"

"I want to know yes but no that times long passed" Shelby nods her head and smiles at me "What?"

"You are a softie" I start to open my mouth and argue but she speaks "You don't wanna come off as that because you have the girls to protect but when it's just your loved ones around...well you just glow and turn into a big ol teddy bear! and that I think is why the girls like you"

I roll my eyes smiling "Yeah yeah you figured me out" I hold my hand out "Secret safe with you?"

"Secrets safe with me" Shelby shakes my hand and we get the moment interrupted by Beth crying "So tired she's been a cranky mess all day!"

"Let me!" Shelby looks at me confused "Let me put her to sleep! I wanna do it...please?"

"Alright" Shelby gets me one of Beths bottles "Go ahead and put her to bed"

I smile and walk up to the nursery. I see Beth sitting up and crying. I walk over and pick her up then walk to the chair. I slowly rock us in it while she takes her bottle. She seems so innocent...so pure! I never really wanted kids before because I didn't wanna be like my mom or my dad but...but feeding Beth right now...I'm starting to think this may be ok.

When I see she's asleep I keep rocking us. I hum a nursery rhyme and...slowly...fall..sleep.

-Shelby pov-
I watch Santana fall asleep with Beth and smile. I walk in and quietly move Beth back to her crib. I look back at Santana and see that's a different story. I try and figure it out when a voice spoils me.

"Need help?" I jump turning to see Judy in the doorway "Get her arms I'll get her legs?"

"If we can get her up I can carry her" Judy nods and we get Santana up slowly carrying her to the bedroom "What bed is hers?"

"The one closest to the window" I look at Lucy who's working on homework "You may wanna lay her down soon she will wake up after a while...it takes her three times to finally sleep"

I nod and lay her down in her bed. I pull the blanket up and cover her then give her a forehead kiss. She smiles and turns to her other side. I smile and walk over to Rachel who's asleep already doing the same.

"How did the talk go?" I look at Lucy confused "The video conversation"

I sit next to her and see Judy at the door "It did great but uh...it's getting late and don't you have school and a date tomorrow?" I see Lucy's eyes bug out as she looks at Judy and me "Yeah so why don't we finish the problems and go to bed"

"I'm done I was just double checking!" Lucy quickly moves everything off the bed and lays down "Night love you mom!"

"Love you Sweetie" Judy walks over and kisses Quinn's forehead before covering her up "So much"

I get up and look at all the girls. They seem so small. Stuffed animals, messed up childhoods, and just so many broken parts. If only we could give them what they've missed out on. But that's look down on. They don't think it's right and I'm just getting Rachel back I can't risk anything. I won't lose her ever again!

"What you thinking about?" I look at Judy who sighs "I think I know and your facial expression gives it away...trust me I thought about it but while that is used not many people like it...we wouldn't wanna ruin what they have or ruin anything else"

"I know but" I start to tear up "They just seem so small and they had to grow up so fast...they didn't deserve that! If they could just be kids again I know it would fix them..when everything went wrong at least"

"I appreciate the care Judy I really do but unless everyone agreed it wouldn't happen" I nod and wipe my tears away "You're so sweet Shelby and I do appreciate the help with Santana I really don't know what I was gonna say"

I laugh "I didn't either" Judy smiles and we take seats on the couch downstairs "I just went with what came to mind and it seemed to help"

"They need it" I nod and Judy continues "They need us and as bad as it may sound we need them"

"What do you mean?" Judy looks at me confused "I just want to know why you think it sounds bad?"

"We are parents we shouldn't depend on our children but" Judy looks around and sighs "When I finally left Russell and got Quinn back...I realized when she's gone I have a small hole in my heart...I don't want a small Quinn sized hole anymore but she's almost an adult and she'll graduate and what will I do?"

"Have me" Judy shakes her head but I grab her closest hand "I mean it! We can have each other! I mean yes the girls are our main priority on keep happy but we need to be happy too! When they leave for New York and all the other places...maybe we can go too but if not you'll at least have me by your side"

"Promise?"

"Promise"

We smile at each other and turn on the tv. I don't know how long we sat there before I finally felt Judy asleep on my shoulder. I grab the throw blanket for on behind us and put it around us. I turn down the volume and fall asleep soon after watching the TV.

This seems perfect to me.

Alright so I left some hints in the story about a way the story could go. If you wanna see it go that way let me know! If I see nothing it'll stay this way. It's important you let me know!!

Thanks for reading!