Chapter 53: Sugar and Fran Date

-Sugar pov-
I take a deep breath sitting on my bed. It's just a date...just a date with a girl you really like! Oh god I'm screwed!

"Sugar!" It can't be time "Fran is ready to take you on your date!"

"Ok!" I stand up and double check myself in the mirror "You got this! You look hot and you totally know what you're doing!"

I take another deep breath and head downstairs. It was a dumb idea after the air gets caught in my throat. Fran is in a black shirt, fake leather jacket, and black skinny jeans.

"Sugar you gotta breath" I glare at Lucy who's smirking "You know you wuv me"

"Yeah" I look at Fran and shyly smile "So you ready?"

"Ready" Fran grabs my hand "We are leaving!"

Fran leads me out to the car and we drive off. I'm more nervous than I've ever been. I just don't wanna ruin this.

-Lucy pov-
We watch them drive away from the window. I turn and see everyone putting their shoes on. I look at Rachel confused.

"What?" I point to her shoes "Uou don't wanna see how this goes?"

"I wanna see how something else goes" Rachel smiles and I look at Shelby "Is it alright if Ra~"

"Nope I heard you two talking" I get my shoes tossed to me "Fran is nervous about ruining this so we are making sure they have a perfect date"

I sigh and put my shoes on. Why can't I just get alone time with Rachel. Santana has had it and so has Brittany. Get pregnant once and....I CANT GET PREGNANT FROM HER!

"Come on!" I groan and follow them outside to the car "I promise Rachel and Lucy time some other day ok?"

I sigh and nod at Shelby. I hop into the vehicle and sit next to Santana. This seat feels different...why is there no side belt?

"Oh shoot I forgot" Madison leans over Santana and I head buckling beside and behind me "Ok now let me buckle you in"

"You got the car seats?" I finally see what I'm sitting in "I asked for this awhile ago!"

"It kept getting out on back order" I let Madison buckle me in "Alright let's go make sure the date goes well"

-Time skip-sugar pov-
We finally pull up to a nice hilly area. Fran quickly gets out and is by my door. She opens it up and I chuckle at her eagerness to get me to her set up. We walk hand in hand for a bit until I see it.

There's a nice little picnic set up, There's a candle sitting there, and there's a bottle of fake champagne sitting in a bucket. I smile as we get closer to it. Fran stops us and I can tell she's nervous.

"It looks wonderful" She looks at me blushing and I give her a quick kiss "Let's get our date started huh?"

"Y-yeah" we let go of each others hands and sit down on the blanket. She pulls out a lighter and struggles to light the candle "Santana show me how I swear"

After a few more tries she gets it lit. She smiles at her achievement and man does that smile make me go crazy! She looks so beautiful!

"I didn't know what you'd want to drink so here's fake champagne" Fran pulls out to glasses and shakily fills them "I chose this place and everything else"

"It's wonderful Fran" I put my hand on hers and she finally makes eye contact with me "You have no reason to be scared"

"I don't wanna mess this up" Fran sighs and looks at her glass "You deserve to be so happy and...and I just wanna show you that we aren't just the background to everyone else's life! We are people too! We are people in love and happy about it!"