Chapter 94

-Sugar pov-
After a week I'm finally free from the hospital. They kept me in for tests and monitoring. I luckily got off more Scott free than Brittany. I have to use some crutches but I'll be able to walk soon. She's using a cane currently.

We both look like some old people. We laugh whenever we get close together. It's weird to them but not us. For once I have something to joke about with someone! I'm not left out of a joke or something.

I'm using my crutches to get to the office. The moms had some issues they needed another mind for. I think I know what the issue is. I'm surprised they didn't realize sooner.

"Sugar!" I look up and see Emma in the doorway "Come on in!"

I smile and walk through the door "Hey girls!" They all give me a smile and I sit down "What's going on?"

"We would have Sam and Pam here too but they are watching the girls" I look at Madison who sighs "The plan was for us to get married at the same time and it would play off great"

"But with me now that's ruined" Maribel frowns and looks at the ground "I'm sorry"

"Hey" Judy wraps a arm around Maribel and pulls her close to her "We want you with us"

"So for you all to be married and not suspicious you'd have to add someone else" they all nod and I look at Madison "This is perfect for you"

"Perfect for who?" Shelby follows my line of sight apparently "Wanna explain Madison?"

"I may have been...looking at a girl that I've seen two of you look at too" Madison sighs "It's not like I'm cheating!"

"Who else has been looking at this woman?" Judy and Emma raise their hands slowly "Maribel just became my favorite"

"Guys you wanted a option I helped find it" I stand up with my crutches and look at them "It's your choice"

-Shelby pov-
Sugar leaves and I sigh "Who is it?" I look at Madison "Is it someone here?"

"Weeell" I raise a eyebrow and she sighs "She's a sub that comes into schools"

"Do we really need to expand?" We all look at Maribel "You four get married and I can be bridesmaid and whisper I do! Then when we sit at the table I'll be there too!"

"I thought that was the plan" I shake my head and stand up "You all need to figure out what you want"

I get up and leave the room. I really can't be there right now. What they say sticks in my head so I go to my office. Once there I sigh in as Maribel and find out who's not here.

Once I find the teacher I walk to their room. I wanna see what girl has taken my fiancé's eyes. I walk to the classroom and look through the glass. I roll my eyes and cross my arms at who it is. Of course they'd find Holly holiday hot.

I look at her one more time before going to the bathroom. I lock the door and walk to the mirror. I look at myself and frown. I've gained some facial weight and body weight. Maybe I could do something with my hair too?

I pinch my growing love handles. What has she got that I can't give? I mean she is cute but aren't I? Cant the 5 of us just be enough? I sigh and go to the door.

I unlock it and head back to my office. I'm surprised when I only see Maribel in there. I go in and close the door behind me. I sit in my chair and she still stares at the ground.

"You ok?" She doesn't respond "Mari?"

"Am I not good enough?" Maribel looks up and I can finally see her red and puffy eyes "Why do we need someone else? Am I not gonna enough? What do I have to do to be good enough? I'll do whatever it takes! Just tell me! Please"

"I don't know Mari" I get up and sit in the chair beside her "I'm starting to question what I gotta do too"

She starts crying and I pull her close to me. I thought I wanted good luck! I thought we were owed something! Maybe this is a sign. Maybe the good will never come again. Maybe this is it.

Maybe this is the sign our relationship is doomed to fail. I feel tears of my own start to come down. I pull Maribel closer and rub a comfort circle on her arm. I really hope they decide well.

Our relationship depends on it.

-Time skip-
It's time for glee and for once I'm not excited. I'm worried. I lewd Maribel in but stop confused. The girls are all standing in the front. I look at Maribel confused and she shrugs.

"We prepared a song" Judy smiles "We hope you two enjoy"

"We really do" Madison looks at me and gives a small smile "We love both of you and never wanna make you think we don't"

"So please sit back with the club and enjoy" Emma moves her hand around randomly "Whatever comes from our voices mashing together"

I lead Maribel to her seat and look up at the girls. They all nod toward the band. The music starts and so do they.

-Madison-Judy-Emma-all-
When the rain
Is blowing in your face
And the whole world
Is on your case
I could offer you
A warm embrace
To make you feel my love

When the evening shadows
And the stars appear
And there is no one there
To dry your tears
I could hold you
For a million years
To make you feel my love

I know you
Haven't made
Your mind up yet
But I would never
Do you wrong
I've known it
From the moment
That we met
No doubt in my mind
Where you belong

I'd go hungry
I'd go black and blue
I'd go crawling
Down the avenue
No, there's nothing
That I wouldn't do
To make you feel my love

The storms are raging
On the rolling sea
And on the highway of regret
Though winds of change
Are throwing wild and free
You ain't seen nothing
Like me yet

I could make you happy
Make your dreams come true
Nothing that I wouldn't do
Go to the ends
Of the Earth for you
To make you feel my love

Everyone claps and I go up with Maribel. The girls look at us nervously. Maribel is the first to break and get them into a group hug. I smile and walk over after to join in. We break up and they look at me.

"We don't really wanna expand out our number" They nod in understanding "But if it comes time to when we do...we will let you know AND we will all talk about it first"

"Deal" Judy gives me a big hug with a cheek kiss "I love you"

"I love you" We break apart and I look at the club "We have less and less time till competition then graduation"

"We are going to work harder than ever before" Judy grabs my hand and steps up beside me "We are going to do this together though"

"Cause when we work together like a family we can beat anything" Madison grabs my other hand and steps forward too "We are Carmel High! We don't back down!"

"We are stronger than anyone will ever believe!" Emma walks up beside Judy "We can do this!"

"So what do you say?" We all look at Maribel and smile "WHO WANTS TO WIN?!"

Everyone yells and I've never felt so much pride. They all are ready for Nationals. I look at over the club and see all of the students. All of the ones we'll be leaving after this.

Will they be ok? Will they get a good teacher? Will I be a good teacher in New York? What are we going to do? Are we going to be ok?

I shake the thoughts out and smile again. I can't worry about all of that right now. Right now I have to do use in the present. I have to focus on my family and nationals.

Mostly my family.