Chapter 97: Easter

-Madison pov-
It's been a week since the moms came out to us. Now today is Easter! It's our first Easter as a family! I can't believe I get to be apart of it.

Shelby is getting around with the cane pretty well. She doesn't like using it though. It may not help we call her an old lady. The girls get a laugh out of it.

Brittany is finally walking more and Sugar is doing better. We have discovered some hip issues but that's it. Now it's Easter and we are trying to get the girls in their outifts! Rachel is crawling around with her diaper on her head, Brittany has a diaper on her head and butt, Santana lets us close and then crawls away quickly, Fran won't stop yelling, Grace is just a laughing box that won't stay still, and Lucy?...Well she's with Emma hiding somewhere.

"MOM MEETING!" We all go to the kitchen table "We need to figure out how to get them under control"

"We can help" We all turn to see Sam holding Lucy and Pamela holding Emma "Could use the workout"

Shelby claps and we all look at her "Alright!" She gets a game face on "Judy get Rachel, I'll get Fran, Pamela and Sam get those two, Sugar get Brittany, and Madison you have Santana"

"Where is Maribel?" We all share a confused look "Has no one questioned this yet?"

"Uhhhh" Soon the front door opens and Maribel runs in with the girls easter onesies "Why did you just come in with those?"

"Apple juice" Maribel hands the outifts to me as she walks past "So much apple juice"

"She's out" Shelby claps again "Let's go!"

Everyone goes to deal with their girl. They took the onesie and walked away. I look at Santana's and sigh. Of course I'm being punished. I shake my head and walk into the office.

I see her not paying attention and start sneaking up on her. I walk up to and almost grab her. Right as my hands get close she giggles and rolls between my legs. I move to get her and she crawls away laughing.

I growl and chase after her. We play cat and mouse for a while till I finally get her. She pouts and I go back to the office. All of the girls are in their outfits minus her.

I get her sat down and into her onesie finally. We get everyone together and start taking pictures. They all look so adorable! We are having the moms over for Easter today.

We are hoping it puts us closer together. I really do want my mom to be happy. If that's with Shelbys then so be it. I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn.

"Hey" I smile at Shelby "You ok?"

"Yeah" I give her a quick peck on the lips "Perfectly fine"

"Good" She steps behind me and wraps her arms around me "You still aren't blaming yourself right?"

"I almost got you killed" I sigh and lean back into her "I may never stop"

"I hope you do" She puts her head on my shoulder "You're gonna age yourself with stress"

We both laugh and watch as the girls start to play. After a while the moms come and we all join in light conversation. We get lunch set up and I start to work on the eggs with Judy. There's a knock and I go to the door.

"I'm coming!" I open the door and smile "I'm so glad you could make it"

"I-I didn't have anywhere else to go" Terri steps in hesitantly "Are you sure I'm welcome?"

I nod "Of course" I close the door behind her "We were about to have lunch then do the egg hunt"

"I heard about the girls" Terri gives a small smile "You all are brave for doing this"