Chapter 49

-Shelby pov-
"Alright I've called this Club meeting to draw attention to regionals!" Everyone groans and I raise a eyebrow "What's so bad about preparing?"

"We have...3 months and a few weeks before we have to worry mom" Rachel walks up onto the stage beside me and looks at everyone "How about we do something fun instead! What do you guys think about that?"

"I think we should actually prepare ahead" Lucy walks up to my other side and looks out to the club "We shouldn't let time go to waste! Yeah we were amazing once! Next time someone might be better"

"But if we get burnt out on preparing then maybe we won't wanna be happy to sing the songs!" Rachel glares and Lucy "Don't you have some Yale stuff to do right now anyways?"

"Club meeting dismissed go to classes!" Everyone quickly leaves but my girls "What is going on? After Lucy's birthday Saturday you two wouldn't talk Sunday!"

"She wants to get away from us" Rachel looks at me and points a finger at Lucy "She doesn't wanna be with Santana, Brittany, and me!"

"That's not true Rachel" Lucy looks at me "I-I just wanna go to Yale instead of NYU and settle for something I don't want"

"So you're saying they are settling?!" Lucy nods and Rachel looks at the other two "Are you guys only going to NYU because of me?"

"Well I'm not" Santana looks at Brittany "But she is"

"Why would you do that?" Rachel shakes her head "That's so stupid to do"

"Did you just call me stupid?" Silence falls upon the room and tension grows "Out of everyone I ever thought would call me stupid...I never thought you would"

"Brittany I didn't mean it like that!" Brittany gets up and runs out of the auditorium crying "Brittany Wait!"

"Way to go Berry!" Santana gets up and runs after Brittany "Brittany Wait up!"

"You gonna leave too?" Rachel turns and looks at Lucy "Come on go ahead!"

"You've changed Rach" Lucy looks at me "I'll see you at home"

Lucy walks out of the auditorium probably to find the other two. Now it's Sugar, Rachel, and me. I look at Rachel disappointed in her actions.

"Those girls would give anything for you Rachel" She doesn't look at me and stares at the ground ashamed "I don't know what's going on in your head...I wish you'd talk to someone about it though"

"Lucy wants to be a teacher, Santana wants to perform, Brittany wants to be a dancing teacher, and I've always said I'm destined for broadway" Rachel sniffles and wipes some tears away "I don't wanna lose them but....but I also don't want them to settle...I don't know if I can do long distance cause it scares me too much"

"That's something you need to tell them" Sugar climbs up onto the stage and wraps a arm around Rachel "You have to talk with them about your fears in the relationship"

"If you don't they won't leave you because of distance" Rachel looks up at me finally "They'll leave you because you pushed them away"

"I don't want them to go" I walk over and hug Rachel. She starts sobbing into my shoulder and I pick her up "I o ant em t o"

"That's the first time you've talked like that in a while" Rachel pulls back confused "You and the girls haven't actually been little in a while have you?"

"I s ot" Rachel puts her head on my shoulder and yawns "I epy"

I look at Sugar and she nods. We've been so caught up in our own stuff we haven't taken care of the girls. We change and feed but that's it. The stress with no release is making them to volatile. I have a feeling it's about to all explode out.