Chapter 48

-Judy pov-
It's been a week since sectionals. Madison and Abby have pretty much become apart of the family now. They moved in when we came back and our date went pretty good. I'm currently sitting in the living room alone.

"We are just going to the store they said" I sigh and wipe my eyes "We won't leave you alone they said"

I stand up and walk to the bedroom. I look at the photos as I pass by and smile. All of the girls look so happy. I sigh and walk into the bed room. I grab the closest suitcase and start packing stuff.

"I wasn't even asked if I wanted to go to the store too" I scoff as I throw my clothes into the suitcase "I'm not some push over! I do everything for this family! I cook, I clean, and I make sure everyone is happy!"

"Yes you do" I turn to the doorway to see a confused Shelby and Emma "What's going on?"

"I was going to leave out of anger but now I'm leaving out of anger and to prove a point!" I close the suitcase and walk up to them "I'm going to prove that you all can't function without me!"

"That's not a hard point to prove Judy" I look at Emma "We already know we can't live without you....is everything ok?"

"You all left without even asking if I wanted to go!" I poke my finger into Shelbys chest "I've been trying to get a single kiss from you all week! You won't even try!"

"I've been busy" I scoff and turn my head "I've been busy with Madison and Abby...Judy I'm sorry! I wasn't trying to replace you!"

"But you and Emma have!" I shake my head and push past them "I'm leaving"

I get as far as the living room before I'm stopped. I'm met with the confused expression of my youngest daughter. She looks down at the suitcase then back to me.

"Where's are you going mom?" I look away from her but still feel her eyes on me "Mom?"

"I-I Gotta go" I walk past her but get stopped by a Fran stepping in front of me "Come on Fran move out of the way"

"No" Fran points toward the living room couches "We are are family! We will talk this out like a family!"

"Fine" I walk to the couch and sit down. Soon everyone is in the room sitting "Who goes first?"

"The daughter telling you that you're fucking insane!" Fran gets up and in my face angry "YOU REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TODAY IS?!"

"No!" I stand up and now I'm in her face too "You all just have been avoiding me all week!"

"I go the ca~" I look at the front door to see Madison holding Abby and a Birthday cake "Uhhh hey! Everyone wasn't supposed to be in here"

"Who's cake is that?" I hear and sniffles and then. When I stop turning I see Lucy crying and it clicks "Oh god...I forgot my own daughters birthday!"

"You've been so out of it this week Judes" Shelby looks at me concerned "What's been going on?"

"I just" I shake my head and fall back onto the couch "I don't know"

"Girls why don't you get Lucy better" All of the girls walk out with Lucy. Madison and Emma sit beside and across from me "We are all ears Judes"

"I'm scared" I look at the stairs the girls just went up "They are all graduating and going to end up in New York...what are we going to do? Are they still going to need their moms? Will Abby and Beth think it's weird when they start noticing things?"

"We can't answer those till then" Emma grabs my right hand and smiles "But I think we all are a little scared"

"And I just ruined my daughters birthday" I lean on Emma's shoulder "What am I going to do?"