Chapter 79: Regionals part 1

-Rachel pov-
It's regionals day! We've worked hard to get to this point. Carmel vs Dalton is the main competition. The other group is some old people. The school day was spent getting last minute practice in. Pamela is nervous about the duet but I know she'll do well. Jasmine is worried too but we've got her pretty well calmed.

"Rachel Berry" I look and smile at Blaine "Kurt is practicing in the locker room"

"Sorry you don't get a green room" I look over at Sugar and Pamela talking "Some people just can't keep it in their pants"

"Teenagers" We both laugh "This is nice"

"It is" I look at Kurt walking over with a guy "Uhh who's that?"

"Who?" Blaine turns "Oh! That's Sebastian! We are taking a page from your playbook and making him better"

"So you are a trio?" Blaine nods and I give him a hug "I'm proud you guys are out and proud about this"

"We've faced a lot of adversity" We pull apart and Blaine is smiling "This will just be something else"

"I wish you all luck" the lights flash and I sigh "Break a leg Blaine"

"You too Rachel" We share a quick hug "You're a bug hero for some people Rachel"

I pull back confused and he just smiles. He walks away and I'm pulled by Santana to the room. I haven't thought about people looking at us as heroes or to show they don't have to be scared.

"Alright" Shelby claps and stands in front of us "We are up after Warblers and before....Cleveland Sugar Canes"

"We just have to beat the warblers" I walk up beside Shelby and look at the group "We got this right?! WHO ARE WE?!"

"CARMEL HIGH! CARMEL HIGH! CARMEL HIGH!"

I smile as the group chants our school name. It helps me calm my own nerves. I see Brittany sitting in the chair smiling at me. She's gotten so much practice using it that I can't wait for them to see it. This will be great!

I hope so at least.

-Time skip-
The crowd is going crazy as the warblers walk off. I look at the group and see the determination. I look around and find our first part. I walk over and tap her shoulder.

"You got this jasmine" She looks at me nervously "You are one of our best singers! You can do this"

"Thanks" She takes a deep breath and the music starts "Let's do this"

-Jasmine-
I know I can't take one more step towards you
'Cause all that's waiting is regret
Don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore
You lost the love I loved the most

She starts of soft but loud. I start having a small panic attack. The warblers were good the whole time.

I learned to live, half alive
And now you want me one more time

Its still soft....wait is that a sway?

And who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
Don't come back for me
Who do you think you are?

More people are swaying and she's singing out louder and more! She's getting confidence! KEEP GOING JASMINE!

I hear you're asking all around
If I am anywhere to be found
But I have grown too strong
To ever fall back in your arms