Chapter 70

-Rachel pov-
We are getting closer to regionals time. To be honest though...I could care less. Two of my girlfriends are in the hospital right now. Santana should be fine and should Fran. Brittany though....she's got a bit more healing to do.

I'm currently in Madison's office holding one of Brittanys favorite toys. Why did she end up with the herniated disk? Why is she the one that has a bad concussion? Just why her?

Brittany is so innocent! She never did anything to deserve this! She's been with me and helping me since the beginning. She's the first date I had and got me the dog. I miss that dog. After getting my vision back we got rid of B.

Brittany may not be fully ready by regionals to dance again. I sigh and sit her toy on the ground. Playing with it just doesn't feel right. Playing just doesn't feel right. I want her back here with me.

I need her here with me.

-Lucy pov-
I feel so lost today. Usually Rachel spends time singing in the auditorium, Pamela studies, Sugar reads, Santana plays in Madison's office, Shelby gets stuff ready for Glee, and Emma watches Santana with Madison. I feel lost even more because Brittany was my class buddy. She'd always walk with me or sit with me in class.

I've just been walking the halls alone. I love Rachel with all my heart but she stopped caring about classes. Brittany has been my class buddy and also works to actually do the school work. I stop in front of Brittanys locker and sigh. I open it and see the pictures of our family and us.

A smile spreads across my face from the photos. Only Brittany would have some of the ones that were up. We aren't serious in a lot of them. Most of them are us making funny faces and having a blast. I wipe a tear that falls from my eye as I close the locker.

Why is life just not fair?

-Pamela pov-
I haven't been around enough to know how everything was. I can't tell though today wasn't the normal. Everyone has been inside their heads. I guess I can't fault them though. I mean here I am in my head too. I've been staring at the same page for the whole day.

I didn't get much sleep last night. Every time I closed my eyes I saw Fran and the machines. I had some nightmares about losing her and sugar too. So to say I'm out of it is a major understatement. I just wish i could get rid of the images.

My chest has been hurting too but oh well. Lucy has looked like a zombie in the halls and Rachel is too far in her head. She keeps picking up one of Brittanys toys then putting it down. I sigh and close the book I was looking in.

Across the library is Sugar. She looks worse than I do. She has dark bags under her eyes and is just staring. Her gaze hasn't left the table in front of her. I slowly stand up and head over to her.

Maybe she could use me?

-Sugar pov-
All I see is Fran hooked up in the hospital. I don't even have to close my eyes to see the image. I love her so much and I usually message her all day long. I can't hit the send button. I feel like I'm gonna break any second.

"Sugar?" I look up and see Pamela standing next to me "Come here"

I slowly stand up and it happens. I'm caught by her because I breakdown. We both go to the ground as she holds me. I hear her crying too as she rubs my back. I look up at her and see the tears falling.

I reach up and wipe her tears. I stop wiping and cup her face. She looks so beautiful. She leans her head down as I move my head up. We finally meet in a sweet kiss. Fran and I are already planning on doing this soon with her.

I guess I can tell Fran I got the first one. I bet she'll laugh. I love her laugh so much. I love her so much.

Maybe I'll send that message.

-Shelby pov-
Emma has been in my office all morning. We've been quiet the whole time. She opens her mouth every now and then but that's it. I know she wants to ask how I'm doing. I know she wants to help. But I think she isn't doing well either.

I sigh as she opens her mouth again. I look up but she closes it and turns away. I shake my head and slam my paper down. I look up at her and she is looking at me worried.

"Just ask Emma" She shakes her head and I give her a small smile "It'll be fine"

"How are you?" I see the tears forming in her eyes "Cause I'm not good"

"I'm not good either" I get up and move a chair beside her. I sit down and pull her close to me "Let it out Em"

She starts sobbing into my shoulder as I hold her. I pull her onto my lap and hold her better. Emma is a great mom but she only took those pills to help and I think to prove she wasn't a baby. She had a bad childhood from what she said but she said she's fought too hard to go back.

We would've loved her the same way we do now though. A lot has changed since the beginning of all of this. We got a house full of people and more mouths to feed. We have so much love flowing around the house. I wouldn't change what's happened for anybody or anything.

Well I could've done without this accident. I just hope everyone is able to get back to normal soon. Cause everything the way it is now isn't normal. It just hurts.

It hurts really bad.

-Madison pov-
I've been watching Rachel pick up and put down the same toy all day. She hasn't ate even though I keep pushing her to try. Her salad has gone bad and her chips are stale. It hurts me to see the girls so broken.

They've been glued together for a while now. I've heard all of the stories and seen the smiles while they tell the happy times. They've had their problems but the smiles always come back. I wish that this wasn't one of those problems. Judy has had the babies in the hospital with the girls today.

I got a text earlier saying they were all fine. It was to the moms chat only. Judy said the girls all haven't talked yet. I think they are all scared that someone's upset. I know there's no one upset at each other though. They are all upset about the semi driver not being able to control the truck.

But I guess they'll have to tell the other one that. I feel a tug on my pant leg and see it's Rachel. She makes grabby hands at me. I smile and pick her up. She pulls at the top of my shirt and I realize what she wants. I pull down my top and as soon as she's able she's latched on to my breast.

I run a hand through her hair as Rachel finally eats something. It's a step in a good direction. I just hope they all start getting slowly better. I really hope tomorrow is a better day.

I hope everyday after this is a better day.

-Judy pov-
"Alright" I look around at the girls "What are we watching now?"

"Toy story!" The girls all yell and I smile "Toy story!"

I put in the dvd and the girls happily cheer. I smile and watch them smile too. I know everyone else has been having a hard day today though. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't and the girls weren't having a bad day too. This is the normal for them and they miss they're other halves.

I hate that this has happened to them. I hate that I wanna be angry they snuck out but I can't. I can't be angry cause they are already hurting. If they weren't hurting they'd be if they knew I was angry. They've not ate much today and if I hadn't started the movies, I don't think they'd be as happy right now.

I look at the ground and see Beth playing with Abby on a blanket. Both so sweet and innocent. The have no clue what's going on right now and don't have to. I sigh and look back at the older ones. They are into the movie and I smile again. It's one of their favorites.

I got a call about the semi driver earlier. I texted the moms but I don't know if it went through. The man was driving while intoxicated. It could've been so much worse for my babies because of that..that...that piece of shit! He could've killed my loves...I was so close to losing three of my babies.

I shake the thoughts out and chuckle when they laugh. I can't focus on the negative right now. There's a major positive right in front of me. My babies are alive.

That's good enough for me right now.