Chapter 59

-Rachel pov-
It's been an amazing few days at the house. Grandparents have visited often. I've gotten to relax as little Rachel so much! It's just been better than I could've ever asked for!

"Rachel!" I turn to see Emma walking over mad "Did you draw on the walls?"

"O?" Emma raises a disbelieving eyebrow "I ot aw it!"

"Then do you know who did?" I shake my head now and she sighs "Don't cover for the girls please"

"I ot o!" I really don't know who would've.... "Uce!"

"You say Lucy did it?" I nod and Emma goes walking to the kitchen "Lucy did you draw on the wall?!.....Time out corner now!"

I'm joined by Brittany as we watch Emma carry a crying Lucy to the corner. I didn't mean to get her into a bunch of trouble. I just figured out who would've drawn it.

"What's going on?" Shelby comes in carrying the New Years supplies to the couch "Why is Lucy in the Corner?"

"She decided to draw on the wall" Emma points at the drawing I finally see of a cookie on the wall "None of the girls were willing to tell!"

"So how did you get Lucy's name?" Emma points at me "I see"

"Oh no did I mess up?" Emma's eyes are wide and you can see she's panicking "I-I-I just wanted to prove I could be a mom when all of you were gone!"

"You did nothing wrong" I see Shelbys eyes on me "Someone did"

"I o aw!" I hit the truck in my hand onto the ground "Ot e! Ot e!"

"Rachel!" I just keep throwing my tantrum. Why doesn't she believe I didn't do it?! "Rachel you stop this instant!"

"O! O! O!" I feel myself getting picked up so I start struggling "Et o! Et o!"

"You are going in timeout too missy!" I get sat on the bench next to Lucy "Now no speaking!"

I sigh and look at the wall ahead. I didn't draw the stupid cookie! The one who did was already in trouble....why did mommy get so mad at me?

-Emma pov-
"Are you doing ok Shelby?" I get a grunt in response as she takes the bags to the kitchen "Shelby please"

"Judy hasn't been home in three days" Shelby starts pulling the New Years Eve supplies out of the bags "She's not even going to be here tonight"

"Have you told Lucy yet?" Shelby sighs and shakes her head no "We need to tell her soon"

"I know!" I flinch at Shelbys yelling "I'm sorry! I just don't wanna break her heart"

"It's going to break her heart more when her mom doesn't show up" I walk over to Shelby and put my head on her shoulder "I believe in you big bear"

"Thanks" She gives me a kiss and steps away "I'll go tell her now and apologize to Rachel"

I nod and follow her out. I get immediately stopped when Shelby halts. I walk around her to see Judy standing there. I smile then frown when I see the ring in her hand.

"It's only right I return this to you" Judy smiles and hands the ring to Shelby "I'll be back tomorrow to pack up things and take my girls"

"I see" Shelby takes a deep breath "Well I wish you the best"

"Thank you" Judy looks at me "Take care"

Judy quickly runs out of the house. She runs like she could've caught something. I look at Shelby who is staring at the ring.

"Her mom got to her" Shelby walks away "I...I need a minute"

-Time skip-
Madison finally got back from the store and helped me set up the house. Shelby hasn't been out since the ring thing. I told Madison and she's been helping with the kids. She keeps playing with the ring Judy gave us.