→ chapter thirty eight

Start from the beginning

chae stood up when the bell rang, not bothering to finish her breakfast and began to make her way to her charms class with fred and george. the two of them explaining to her that they only went to charms because they figured it was important.

the three of them headed to the third floor and down the charms corridor, fred and george entering the classroom first, holding the door open for chae which she thanked them for. chae sat next to her sora in her usual seat and the twins sat behind them both.

"have you heard what the umbridge woman is doing?" sora asked as professor flitwick piled up his books.

"don't even get me started sora, i'm absolutely furious" said chae.

"good morning class, today we will be studying water-making spells, but before we get started i'm going to hand you back your essays" flitwick said as he picked up a stack of essays.

"now i've marked them how i would mark your n.e.w.t exams, please bare in mind that we are at the start of the term so you still have time to improve"

chae smiled brightly as she looked down at the bold 'o' that was at the top of her essay, she was very pleased with herself to say the least.

"what did you get?" asked sora.

"i got an 'o'!" chae responded happily "what about you?"

"an 'e'!" sora said "i'm happy with that"

before the girls could continue their conversation, a little 'hem hem' sounded from the back of their classroom. the seventh years turned their heads to see umbridge was standing at the entrance of their classroom door, chae let out an audible groan.

"oh what's she doing here?" she whined.

"she's most definitely come to inspect our lesson" sora said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

for the remaining of the lesson, flitwick treated umbridge like a guest and chae had to try her hardest not to make any snarky comment, which she found extremely hard.

when umbridge had asked flitwick how long he had been teaching for, chae let out a loud scoff. as if that was any of her business. the girl eyed the toad like woman suspiciously when she began to ask alicia spinnet questions.

chae was more than relieved when the lesson ended, she packed up her things quickly and said goodbye to sora before walking to the great hall for lunch with fred and george.

they sat down with harry, ron and hermione. chae wasn't particularly interested in their conversation about grading, she was more interested in ladling soup into her bowl so she could finally eat something. the girl was hungrier than usual considering she hadn't got to finish her breakfast.

"chae, what did you get in your o.w.l's?" asked ron, his mouth full of the roll he had dipped in his soup.

"i got an 'o' in all of my exams" said chae proudly.

"yeah chae is like the brains of our friendship, considering fred and george have none" said lee, as the two boys glared at him but chae high fived him.

"you lot had an inspected lesson yet?' fred asked the younger ones.

"no" said Hermione at once "have you?"