→ chapter thirty six

Start from the beginning

the girl finished her cup of tea before she stood up, grabbing her bag.

"i've got double astronomy, so i will see you all later" she smiled.

"you still take astronomy?" asked fred, staring up at the girl.

"it's my favourite subject..." she said, but it sounded more like a question.

"oh no, fred doesn't know his girlfriends favourite subject" said harry, causing the others to laugh but fred and chae glared at the boy.

"hold on, i'll walk you there" said fred, chae nodded her head and waited for the tall boy before the two of them began to walk together.

"are you staying in my dorm tonight?"

"if you want me to"

"of course i do, you can help us test the products on first years"

"okay, but if we get caught by hermione then i'm staying out of it"

"as if i'd let you get in trouble when you've got n.e.w.t's to worry about"

chae stopped walking, and turned to look at the redhead, a stern look on her face.

"we both have n.e.w.t's to worry about fred" the girl said sternly, fred smirked at the girl.

"george and i have something else planned" said fred.

"tell me" chae asked.

"nope, it's a secret"

by the time their conversation had come to an end, fred had walked chae to her astronomy class and the two of them had said goodbye. chae walked into the classroom, where professor sinistra was writing the lesson objectives on the board.

"good morning professor sinistra!" chae said politely as she sat in her usual seat by the back of the class, waiting for the other students to join her.

"ah chaerin! how lovely it is to see you, did you have a good summer?" the woman asked.

chae nodded her head "yes i did think thank you!"

their conversation died as the other students filled the classroom, chae was tapping her foot whilst she waited for her cousin sora to arrive. when the girl arrived chae noticed she looked visibly tired, causing her to frown slightly.

"how have you been love?" chae asked gently.

sora shrugged her shoulders.

"i won't lie, it's been really tough... i just really miss him" the hufflepuff said quietly.

chae nodded her head, rubbing the girl's back comfortingly as their lesson began. the lesson was fairly easy and the two girls breezed through the curriculum, chae helped sora with some parts but before they knew it the double period had ended and lunch had come quickly.

the cousins sat together at lunch and chae opted for a chicken salad, not wanting to eat much that day as she was already trying to focus on the astronomy assignment she had been set. sora said she'd finish her assignment later that evening.