→ chapter twenty eight

Start from the beginning

"oh!" said mrs weasley "no - of course i didn't!"

chae was certainly happy about the fact that there were more courses than usual, she felt she could eat her body weight in the food that had been prepared.

"you enjoying yourself there?" asked fred, as he stared lovingly at the girl who sat beside him as she indulged in all sorts of food.

the girl however looked up in shock at fred, not expecting him to even notice her but she nodded her head anyway.

mrs weasley noticed the way the two of them were interacting, she nudged her eldest son excitedly as she pointed over at the two causing a blush to rise on chae's cheeks.

dumbledore stood from his place at the staff table and began to address the people in the hall.

"ladies and gentlemen, in five minutes time i will be asking you to make your way down to the quidditch pitch for the third and final task of the triwizard tournament. will the champions please follow mr bagman down to the stadium now"

harry stood up and the gryffindor table applauded for him, chae clapped as loudly as she could, nearly hitting george which caused him to budge over a bit.

once the champions had disappeared the others were asked to make their way down to the quidditch pitch. chae was beginning to feel a bit nervous for harry, but she was also excited.

without thinking, she laced her hands with fred as they walked in front of the group with hermione by chae's side and ron next to hermione.

"you okay buttercup?" fred asked, chae nodded her head.

"nervous, that's all" she responded.

"he'll do just fine" fred reassured and chae smiled up at him.

the group of them made their way into the stands and found places to sit, they had a good view of the maze entrance. the hogwarts march was playing and chae couldn't deny that she was in the school spirit as she stood next to ginny and mrs weasley.

the audience watched as bagman placed his wand to his throat, magically magnifying his voice so he could commentate.

"ladies and gentlemen! the third and final task of the triwizard tournament is about to begin, let me remind you how the points stand!"

chae glared at the man, she didn't like him purely because of the way he scammed the twins. nonetheless chae listened as he reminded them off the scores, clapping proudly when harry was sent into the maze.

she also clapped as loudly as she could for fleur, excited for the girl. although, she really did hope that harry or cedric won, she wanted a hogwarts victory.

the audience waited and waited to see which champion would return, they gasped in shock when red sparks flew up into the air. chae held her breath, praying it wasn't harry that had been injured, she let out a sigh of relief when krum had been collected from the maze.

after krum, fleur had left the maze too. chae rushed past mrs weasley and ginny to go and check on her friend, she ran over to the girl, embracing her in a hug.

"i don't know what happened!" fleur cried, chae shushed the girl.

"fleur what do you mean?" she asked.

"zat maze! it's not right! zere is something wrong with it!" fleur rushed, chae was completely and utterly confused.

when she had managed to calm fleur down, she left her with madame maxime and went back to her place in the stands.

finally, what looked to be harry and cedric returned. hogwarts began to cheer for their champions but chaerin soon realised something was wrong, as a deafening scream came from fleur.

cedric wasn't moving.... why wasn't cedric moving?

harry was sobbing as he clamped onto cedric's body, refusing to let go. molly weasley and fred tried to grab chaerin as she ran down the stands, she was quick so they failed to grab the girl. chae raced to her cousin sora who let out loud wails as amos diggory came marching down.

"that's my son!" he screamed, causing chae's heart to break as she held her cousin in her arms. tears began to fall from chae's eyes as she watched what was happening in front of her.

dumbledore pried harry off cedric's body, it seemed for a man as old as dumbledore was, he was incredibly strong.

chae's ears were ringing as the atmosphere darkened, sora was screaming as cedric's mother came to comfort her. chae couldn't move her eyes from cedric's cold lifeless body, it was a sight that would be scarred into her head.

she only tore her eyes away from cedric's body when she saw mad eye moody taking harry, even though chae had heard dumbledore tell moody not to move harry. this raised her suspicions even more so she took it upon herself to follow the two of them.