→ chapter twelve

please remember to vote and comment! it really helps, thank you for reading <3

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

when dumbledore had dismissed the students for bed, chae met with the twins outside the great hall. the three of them had decided chae would stay over at their dorm tonight. the twins had told chaerin they planned on throwing a party for the gryffindor champion.

chae however was not in the mood to party, she was worried sick about harry and had come to realisation that she couldn't stop him from competing. after all, the goblet of fire yields a binding magical contract which meant harry had no choice but to compete.

the party at the gryffindor common room began finally when harry returned. he was taken aback with how much noise sounded from the common room, fred was first to speak to him.

"you should've told us you entered!" he shouted, half impressed, half annoyed.

"i didn't" he admitted "i don't know how-"

"how did you do it without getting a beard? brilliant!" george shouted after.

every time chae tried to make her way towards harry she was swarmed by an army of gryffindors, none of them cared that she was a ravenclaw but there was a few of them who sometimes took the house feuds too seriously and would mutter comments. however, fred and george were quick to shut it down.

half an hour passed before chae could get to harry, she grabbed his hand as he tried to make his way to bed.

"let's go on a walk" she tried, harry shook his head.

"no chae, i want to go to bed"

"harry please" she said, harry looked at the look on the girl's face as she pleaded with him, he knew it must have been urgent. he reluctantly nodded his head and the two of them snuck past fred and george, making their way to the portrait hole.

the two of them walked in the moonlight along the field, harry was quiet. chae knew he was clearly bothered that everybody thought he entered.

"harry" chae began but harry cut her off.

"i didn't put my name in the goblet chaerin" he said, as he turned to face the girl. a look of desperation on his face, chaerin nodded her head.

"i know you didn't harry, you'd be absolutely mad to even attempt it"

the boy looked at her in shocked.

"you believe me?"

"of course i do harry"

the two of them continued to walk, a short pause lingering in the air. chae was eager to know if the professors were letting him compete but she didn't want to badger him with all these questions.

"oh chaerin... what do i do? it's been decided that i have no choice but to compete"

chae felt as if the world had stopped, harry meant just as much to her as cho did. if cho was competing in the tournament chae felt as if she'd go completely insane, not that she was sane in the first place but that wasn't her point.

"i- harry, i honestly have no clue what to tell you... i didn't know if they'd let you compete, but it seems that they are" chae told him quietly as the two of them stopped, turning to face each other.

"just know, that i'll help you figure it out, i'm sure ron and hermione will too... even fred and george, we're all here harry, right behind you"

harry smiled at the girl thankfully as she pulled him into a hug, he was very grateful for chaerin, they weren't blood related but he considered her to be his family.

chaerin was many things, but if there was anything chae wasn't it was disloyal. even in the worst of times, chae stayed loyal to the people she loved, the girl was so deeply loyal that sometimes even she wished she could just forget. to betray someone, chaerin felt that it was completely against her nature, she would rather die than betray the people closest to her.

she later returned to the gryffindor common room and found that fred and george were the only ones left, everyone else had gone to bed. fred stood up immediately when he saw the girl, he walked straight over to her, checking that she was okay.

"where have you been? we've looked everywhere for you!" he said, he was beginning to sound a bit like his mother.

"i went for a walk with harry" she responded flatly.

"well, you missed a wicked party" said george as she sat in between the two of them, happy to be back inside, it was quite chilly at night.

"a party is the least of my priorities right now george" she responded.

"chae, not everything is your priority you know?" fred reminded.

"yeah, you can't expect yourself to handle everything, you do too much for others sometimes" george added, chae let out a sigh, she knew that the two of them were right.

"but i can try" said chae, a small smile on her face.

"you're one of a kind chang" fred told her earnestly as he looked at her, mesmerised by the girl's beautiful features.

"i'm also tired" she said, ruining the moment, both the twins laughed at her. the three of them got to their feet, the common room fire room crackling in the distance.

"your common room is so much bigger than mine" she commented.

"it's because gryffindor is the best house" george responded, flicking the girl on the forehead.

"you wish! i could hex you both to hell and back with the amount of things i've learned from the books in the ravenclaw common room" chae responded as she reached upwards to smack george in the forehead, fred laughed at the two of them.

"okay we'll keep that in mind the next time one of us makes you angry" said fred as they began to climb the stairs to the twins dormitory.

nobody was brave enough to share with them other than lee, so it was just the three boys. chae would usually sleep in fred's bed, which lee and george swore to keep a secret from most people, especially molly wealsey and alice chang. the two of them would have forty fits if they found out their children were sharing a bed, even if it was purely innocent.