Chapter 31: Graffiti Reveal

Start from the beginning

A minute or fifty went by of feeling my heart slowly begin to race in front of him, the muffled echoing of students walking past in the hallways two or three floors down creeping up in the silent stairwell. The lights in this stairwell weren't on because it wasn't used as often as the others, two out of the three floors didn't actually allow students in through the door here.

It wasn't dark, we stood in front of the large window and light poured inside, leaving long shadows dripping down the stairs.

"Tell me what's on your chest." He said suddenly.

It took me off guard so much that I turned around too quickly and when I did I saw how close he was all of a sudden and almost fell over backwards in surprise.

"Not this again." I complained.

His look was dark, he crossed his arms and watched me silently. "I- I'm not telling you!" I took a careful step backwards.

He took another, longer, stride towards me. "Tell me."

I felt the cool air from the wall behind me as I took a small step backwards and raised a hand in front of me to prevent him from coming closer.

"I won't tell you." I told him securely.

He unfolded his arms as he took another step closer, my hands pressed up against his chest as he moved and I was not an inch away from the wall and two inches away from him. I looked nervously down the stairs to the left of me, watching the door at the bottom of the stairs, willing someone not to walk in on us.

I looked up at him and wish I didn't. Because as much as I didn't like the guy, and I definitely didn't like him, he was so fucking attractive that looking at him made my heart race uncomfortably in my chest. It wasn't my fault, anyone would have felt that way being crowded in by a guy who looked like that, even while he looked annoyed... sometimes because he looked annoyed, he looked so handsome my eyes hurt looking at him.

I looked away quickly, hoping he didn't know what I was thinking, he'd definitely come after me if he knew. Well, maybe he would, I don't know. If I'm going by this guys track record of doing completely the opposite of what I thought he'd do he'd probably strip naked in front of me and demand I paint him.

I flinched as images swept into my head one by one and tried to move away from him. His hand slammed down on the wall all of a sudden and fucking hell the sound was so loud right in my ear that I jumped, actually physically jumped.

"Show me." He demanded.

"N- No." 

He scowled at me, and his scowl was a really shiner this time.

I pressed back against the wall. "I don't care about your one extra centimetre on me, Atlas, I'm not showing you shit."

"Don't be a little shit, just tell me what it is or show me. I want to know."

I glared at him and shoved him hard backwards, but this time he didn't move even a petty inch and instead I became all too aware of the hard muscle my hands were pressed against. Part of me couldn't believe how strong he felt, the other part of me wanted to move away but felt like it would be too obvious, the rest of me was screaming how awkward this would look to anyone who walked in on us.

"I will literally hit you." I threatened him, but secretly really hoped he wouldn't take me up on that. Not that I wouldn't hit him, because I definitely would, but because I had the feeling that my hand was likely to be the one coming out injured if I tried.

He laughed, disbelief ringing in it's pitch.

I tried to make my glare fiercer but I was pretty sure the level of angry I was at was as much as I could must.