Chapter 3: Getting Close

"I..."

I got up slowly and warily. His eyes scrutinised me, they were angry but there was a little bit of something else I didn't recognise going on in there.

"Are you messed up just give me back my phone!"

I wasn't sure what to do, it felt like any path I took would lead to the same result... a lot of hurt. Thanks a lot Amir you fucking nonce.

I felt my feet backing away from him before my mind caught up enough to tell them that was a bad idea. Still, there was no one around here anymore, this was a path that led into a relatively empty part of town because it wasn't really a shopping district or a residential district but more one with really run down, for some reason, never open shops and offices where you never saw people go in or out.

I was half way in an alley way and I decided fuck it, lets just go wherever it takes us and just see.

My muscles felt sore and cramped and not ready to run again so when I turned and ran into the alley way it was less like a lift off moment and more like a slow trudge. It took less than a minute for him to slam me up against the wall, cornered and ready to be roasted for dinner.

The way my back hit the wall and the way he pressed his legs up against mine, his arms up against my arms and ultimately his entire body against mine just to keep me in place ended up immediately sending my mind off in a tangent.

I won't admit to anything other than that I apparently have some kind of fucked up fetish for being slammed up against a wall and we don't need to analyse that because I'm actually totally okay not doing that, or ever speaking about it ever again... or thinking about it 'cause you betcha your boy knows what you're thinking and you better just stop right now or go ahead and kill me and let me come back as some type of Chinese vengeful ghost that will straight up haunt your arse. Try me.

While I tried to mould with the wall in order to create some kind of space between the two of us so I wouldn't get my face rearranged for something other than running off with this fuck-faces phone he was busy trying to stare me down.

I was too distracted to take part in a staring competition or be frightened by his glare... and to be honest I was all types of ready to just get the beating over and done with.

My body was ready, my soul and mind were catching up.

"Exactly where do you get your balls from," He sounded angry.

I chuckled... or well giggled... let's be honest now. So what? My sense of humour is childish, if you made it this far you should be well aware of that.

"Why are you laughing?"

"I'm going to die, I'm not allowed to laugh before I die?"

He looked a little startled and coughed slightly to cover up what I was willing to bet your panties on was a laugh.

"You're not gonna die, but you are gonna hurt." He replied.

I gave him a wide smile. "Reassuring! You should try going into the inspirational speaker business."

He showed teeth as he grinned. "I think I'd make a better boxer."

"Or a gangster." I nodded.

He stared at me but didn't respond.

"Or a criminal, or a back alley thug... or a bad influence... you're right you'd be an awful inspirational speaker."

He shrugged. "If I wanted to I could do. For example if I want you to lick my shoes right now I just need to ask you nicely and maybe land a few heavy punches to your midsection."