Chapter 146: Heading Back Home

[A/N] Reminder I keep people informed if I'm going to be late on my Twitter page. It's where I roleplay a distinguished, organised personage, whose magnificent, healthy sleeping patterns allow for a delightfully impeccable record of spotless punctuality. ִֶ𓂃⊹ ִ

We didn't leave immediately after putting our tents back together and picking up the trash, and instead had to wait around a while, while the teachers organized something to do with transporting the some of the supplies and things they'd used to put together this trip. 

There was some sort of problem going on and the two prefects in the group were called to help out, sending a messenger to collect them.

I was still red faced, struggling to look anywhere without giving away what had just happened between us, I crouched in order to hide it but I couldn't convince myself I was doing a good job and kept looking up guiltily like I'd robbed a bank or something as I tried to think of anything that would help force down the throbbing erection I'd shamefully garnered.

But the absolute ice goblin next to me, simply standing tall and brushing a bit of what was becoming a fringe out of his face, appeared just as impassive as someone doing a spot of gardening for their neighbour.

Ungodly calm and cool as he casually dropped the bag of trash in my arms and moved away as though nothing had happened at all... I shook my head after him, my heart still pumping hard in my chest, my hands gripping my trousers.

My ass was stinging, I swallowed and stood up slowly, trying not to think of the punishment felt like walking on knives, and worst of all I knew even if I calmed down the residual stinging might strike me down with the memory of the scene between us at any time.

Was he going to do that whenever he liked?

I didn't know if I had the heart for that.

And apparently I didn't have the balls to stop it if I knew it was going to make me uncomfortable either.

I sighed, and waited till I was more comfortable, wiping my brow as I got up and tied the garbage bag shut, taking it back to the middle of the camping ground where they were dropped off.

It was then that I noticed something odd, on the way there to be exact. I walked by so fast that I didn't stop to really have a look and just barely saw the slight figures of two people way too close to not be up to something behind the back of that building, the one wall pressed up against the bodies of trees and shrubbery, nettles and brambles tucked interspersed on the ground, no one was hobbling round that part of the building unless they were up to something.

So I stopped, frowned, and backed up very slowly. Not because it was shady, but because I could have sworn the one near the wall, facing me as I walked past, was Callen.

Callen was a real stickler for the rules, he'd be Jacob's protégé if even Jacob hadn't disliked his overenforcement and constant abrasive nagging. Making a habit of pretending to be a prefect, and often treating the title like royalty.

That was why him being up to something shady was so unlikely.

A couple steps back and I saw him, back against the white painted uncomfortable textured wall of the small building, shuffling nervously but... something keen in his step, a sparkle in his eyes, looking up with a strange expression at the boy whose back was to me.

But I wasn't fucking stupid, I knew his clothes, his hair, I'd know Gift from any angle.

I frowned, watching for a moment, trying not to make any noise, the less I moved the more I could hear what they were saying.