Chapter 162: Date in the Mattress Section

[A/N] Alright! First Wednesday update, and it's a double update ! woo (╭ ˵•́ ⍛ •̀)╭✧

[Tabitha's POV] 

I wasn't sure what to do now. If I went back and told Jacob's father that he had brought those two idiots on the date with him he would probably tell him off, because he would assume that his son had no respect for him when he told him to apologise sincerely. 

But it would also make it obvious Jacob didn't have a thing for me yet, that he didn't remember being friends when we were young. Then he would lose interest and stop pushing him.

He was weird about his son having a relationship anyway, made a point of telling my father that her was strictly anti sex before marriage and that I would have to make sure he was staying on the right path with his education.

He might be a controlling father but he knew how to raise a son, even if he was going through his rebellious phase right now.

He was cordial for a while but when I told him to try things on he immediately stiffened up. 

He didn't like people telling him what to do, but that was something I could work on. 

I watched at him dragging his friend away, mesmerising clear eyes glaring. He was tall enough that Akara looked like a child being dragged away despite only being a little less than a head shorter than him, and he was muscular too and it showed. He gave me cool protector vibes. If he liked a girl he would probably be all over her, and protect her from everyone and everything.

It wasn't just me that wanted to see what that side of him looked like. He was kind to people when they surrounded them but he was also stoic and... as much as I hated to agree with Akara, he had walls up that seemed unclimbable.

If I thought about myself sitting there with Jacob's arm around me in the middle of class with everyone watching, my friends seeing and... they'd support me but they'd be so jealous.

I'd bet once his defences were down he'd be quiet and shy. People with high defences are always shy. I would make him desperate for me, so that he'd have to make it obvious to everyone how much he was in love with me.

It didn't matter how I got there if I could make it happen. It didn't matter how rude he was to me, or what he said. I'd made up my mind. 

I was already turning eighteen in a week, my brother and my father were already discussing my eventual position in the company, starting from an intern upwards. The idea was mortifying, while my friends would go to university to get well paying jobs in the future regardless of what I did I would be getting paid minimum wage to run around and get people that were essentially my own employees coffees.

I'd argued about it but not gotten anywhere, until I mentioned Jacob.

Even if Jacob's father wasn't currently involved in shipping there was no reason why he shouldn't be in the future, especially if we were together.

I wasn't going to take the humiliation anymore. And I wasn't going to date anyone below my class.

I wiped the fake tears off of my face and watched them.

Akara held an obstinate expression looking back at Jacob who marched behind him.

He looked weird even walking in front of him, slightly tan skin, brown eyes, messy hair and a loose uniform. He always appeared to be hunching while he sat and yawning and moping. He looked like he didn't put effort into anything.