Chapter 29: Flashing and Running

"What are you planning on doing now? They'll be looking for you." I asked Amir as I gingerly undid the buttons of my shirt.

I was beginning to feel like a hentai chick walking around with this writing on my chest. It felt like something they'd have on them. Embarrassing as hell.

He groaned, sitting down on a table as he watched me. "I don't know. I should just let them yell at me and explain what happened but I doubt they'll believe me and I have anxiety man. I have a mad flight or fight response it's like the moment someone..." His words trailed off.

I glared at him, the red tinge to his face was enough for me to quickly cover myself back again and as I was hurriedly closing the buttons again he got up from the table in front of me and held my arm still.

"Let me go you idiot." I said, trying to swing my arm free, which I managed, his grip was weak.

He stared at me like I might be an alien shedding and reapplying his skin. "Holy shit." He swore in disbelief, pulling my shirt open.

I smacked his hand away. "Shut up."

"I can't. I- Holy shit."

"Shut up!" I hissed.

"That's..."

"It's bad I know." I groaned, pulling away from him.

He stared at me. "Bad?"

I screwed up my eyebrows. "It won't bloody come off. I just go ask for rubbing alcohol or something and just flay off the first layer of my skin. It's so fucking bold too. He went over the letters like five times."

"Jacob?" He asked me.

I nodded, covering my face with my hands.

"Jacob the school prefect Jacob? So... the prefect of the entire school?"

I ran my hands through my hair. "Yes, stop making me repeat things. It's embarrassing enough as it is."

He nodded slowly, still looking at me with that wide eyed gaze that belied more than just surprise.

"What?" I asked him.

"I just..." His voice was quiet. "You don't... I don't know, this is... But whatever I guess I'm just... Maybe I'm... I don't know..."

I groaned. "I don't know what the hell you're trying to say Amir. Spit it out or shut up. This is making my brain hurt."

"I- I don't know. It's a bit weird, you know?"

"I know." I snapped. "I didn't ask him to write it on me."

"But you let him though?"

"I didn't look, I couldn't see what it was it was in large letters and I... I was distracted I don't know. Fuck."

"It's embarrassing." Amir confirmed.

"Thanks for that." I replied sarcastically.

He smiled weakly. "I'm not sure... I don't know what to think because I honestly uh- I honestly think..."

"What?"

"It's just... Weird."

I rolled my eyes. "You're coming out with all the breaking news information today aren't you. You should join the league of parrots, Amir, you'd fit in."

He scowled. "I'm just saying I-" This time Amir was cut short by someone attempting to open the door. The fierce yank of the door handle the second time immediately made me think it was a teacher at the door and Amir jumped and ran over to the door, fumbling to unlock the door before it opened.