Chapter 57: A Couple of Manly Presents

[A/N] I do reply to comments, I've just been posting very late recently. I always read them though, they make me very happy.  (⸝⸝ ᴗ‿ᴗ ⸝⸝)

I swung my feet over the side of the bed and headed towards the door. The rest of the house was pretty cold in the morning so I'd probably fill the kettle and plug it in, in my room. I saw their eyes narrow slightly as I reached for the door and Jacob stalked towards me.

"How about you answer us first?"

I glanced over at Atlas. He seemed just as curious. Never mind how bizarre everything about this situation was, I couldn't help but wonder why the hell they were suddenly apparently getting along. Jacob was even speaking for Atlas and Atlas was letting him?

I swallowed, moving slightly and reaching for the door again. Jacob stepped directly in front of me and my hand brushed his shirt, I pulled away quickly, heart racing a little as I stepped back.

"What are you doing?" I demanded, glaring up at him.

He folded his arms, remaining quiet.

Atlas frowned from beside my desk. "Don't avoid the question."

I glared at him, between the two of them it felt difficult to glare at both, I didn't have enough eyes. "I just felt like it." I groused. "I always skip school, it's none of your fucking business."

Jacob narrowed an eye, something dangerous reflecting in his eyes, he took a step forwards and I took two small steps back, my heart beating fast.

"Alright, okay, this-" I swallowed, stuttering as I raised a hand out in front of me.

Maybe it was the fact that I had, had some kind of weird dream containing the two of them that was still lingering somewhere in the back of my mind, or the fact that I was no longer in a space where Jacob or Atlas doing... I don't know what, punishing me somehow, smacking me, would be frowned upon. Instead we were in my room, where I was feeling increasingly intimidated by the two of them.

"Are you going to give me a damn reason?" He asked, his voice low.

I looked up at him, ringing my hands nervously. "I just... You know... I already explained..."

Atlas sighed, getting up from my desk chair. "You skipped school." He told me, and before I could say 'duh' he continued. "You got ill, then or during, you got shitfaced... on your own. Then, as any shitfaced ill person would do, you sat in the freezing cold on your doorstep to... I don't fucking know, die? You owe us an explanation Akara, speak. Now."

Jacob who was watching him as he spoke nodded firmly, as if confirming that he was correct as he turned back to me. His gaze felt even sharper now, and both of them stared at me. I felt about two inches tall in front of them. "Fucking hell..." I ran a hand through my hair, it felt slightly greasy and had gotten curlier in response.

They did deserve some kind of explanation, after all I had done something dumb, and despite their irritating dominating attitudes, the fact that Jacob haunted me at school making sure my pens were constantly on paper and my hair was combed and complaining that my shirt wasn't ironed well enough and the fact that Atlas had made a laughing stock of me using me to cheat on his girlfriend... they had still taken care of me when I was feeling really...

I sighed, sitting back on my mattress, looking up at the two.

"It was my birthday yesterday." I said quietly, looking down. "I guess I just needed a day off."