Chapter 75: Amir's Prophecy

I wasn't hanging around because I cared what they told me to do. Especially Jacob, he couldn't tell me to do shit. I was just waiting there for the nurse to come and see me, which the teacher that checked in once more promised she would, and that then I would be able to leave.

If I wanted to leave ultimately I'd just leave.

Staring at the 'Wash your hands and don't spread germs!' page pinned to the cork board I was beginning to think that if I spent another second in here awake I might just go mad. My back was beginning to ache and I was in the middle of school without my shoes on, it felt weird.

I swung my legs over the bed and took a deep breath.

They wouldn't even know so it wouldn't matter either way, even if I did care, which I didn't.

I put a resolute expression on my face and put my feet on the floor, about to get up. I nearly jumped in the air when there was a knock at the door and I swung my legs back under the covers and tried to look natural as my heart thumped loud in my chest.

Fucking shit. I didn't know why I was so ready to do everything they told me to like some kind of servant or something.

I sat up against the wall and was about to get my backpack to see who was calling when there was another knock on the door, just one and then it opened and Amir's face was peeking through.

"Oh man, I found you." He glanced left and right before entering.

"What?" I cleared my throat. "What is it?"

"Oh man am I glad I found you. They told me you passed out in class when I was going looking for you but I just thought you'd be in the nurses office not the infirmary. What happened to you?" He asked me, looking quizzical. "Are you ill or something?

"Just cut my hand is all."

"You passed out 'cause you cut your hand?" He grinned. "You're worse than me."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not afraid of blood, I didn't even realise I was bleeding."

"Are you sure about that?" He teased.

"I cut my hand in the morning I forgot, suddenly I passed out in class."

"Are you okay? Are you anaemic or something now?"

"No... uh, I don't know, maybe." I shrugged. "I haven't actually seen the nurse yet, or doctor or whoever came, they gave me stitches while I was out." I gestured towards my hand. "The teacher was going to kick me out of class for 'sighing aggressively' before I passed out I fucking hate Miss Tor and her short person rage."

He laughed, then went quiet. "Yeah... I mean... She's probably in a bad mood or something..."

"What?" I replied, startled. "Are you seriously defending her?"

"What? No... Um... You wouldn't answer your phone I thought you skipped."

"No..." I gave him a look like maybe he was crazy but had to remind myself that, that was a reasonable thing to think, it wasn't like I never skipped, I just hadn't in a while... not while I was being watched anyway... not by him.

"So who took you to the infirmary?" He asked slowly.

I tilted my head in annoyance. "C'mon man, you wanna tell me what you want before I bite you or something."

He nodded, his expression turning a little worried, he glanced at the door and turned to me.

"Okay... So I have a really small problem."