Chapter 53: Two Storms Approaching

[Atlas's POV]

"Won't we get in trouble for this," Giles frowned at me. "I mean it's password protected."

I didn't look up. "If you're afraid go away. I'm not fishing for test answers I just want someone's address."

"Why don't you look for it!" He demanded, even as he continued to scroll through the student home visit list.

"I'm busy." I said, beginning to get annoyed with him as I kept glaring at my phone.

Jordan grinned, kicking Giles lightly. "He's texting his girlfriend, can't you tell? Look he's blushing."

I raised my hand to hit him and he backed away, laughing. He wouldn't push if he meant it as anything other than a joke because all of them knew not to actually try and tease me. I'd never lay a hand on them, and they weren't worried about that, but knowing my dad even if they thought I wasn't as volatile as people thought I was everyone was always a little on edge around me.

When you're rich like that, from that easy second hand wealth, it drew people in. It was like having a magnet on your back. Did that mean those people liked you? No. Most of them didn't. I stuck with those who'd vouch for me if I murdered someone in front of them because I didn't trust anyone else.

I glared at Akara's name on the screen as it rang but he didn't pick up. The guy hadn't come in to school. Twice now he'd not shown up for the kiss and I don't know why but I was dying for a cigarette again. Whatever the reason was I knew it was all his fault.

"Annoying." I muttered to myself, and Jordan gave me a curious look even as he continued messing around with the others.

"Is this the girl that you stayed the night with?" Giles asked, nudging his glasses further up his nose.

I looked up after the second missed call. "What girl are you talking about?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

Jordan laughed. "Damn, there so many?"

I shoved his shoulder. "There are none, fuck off you know I don't date."

"That lady that you kissed getting out of her car this morning. I saw her. She was hot." Giles explained.

I blinked. "My mother." I said, my voice deadpan.

He turned around in surprise. "Your what now?!"

I kicked his leg and he cringed. "Fuck off you idiot. Keep your MILF fetish to yourself."

"I mean I just..."

Jordan laughed manically in response, almost dropping the energy drink in his hand as he leaned over Giles as he continued to scroll somewhat gingerly.

"Atlas's mom has got it going on-" He sang as Giles flipped through the addresses.

"Wait!" I demanded.

Giles froze. I leaned over and pushed his hand off the mouse, scrolling back up. 

Akara whatever that last name was supposed to be.

I took a picture of the screen with my phone and nodded to myself.

I was going to pay a visit to the little rabbit that hopped away.

"You're going to go to their house?" Jordan asked, the same question in Giles' eyes.

I shrugged. "Na' just going to send him something." I lied, slinging my bag over my shoulders and heading out. The driver was going to pick me up so I could give him to address to take me there, though I recognised the street name and was pretty sure it wasn't too far away.