Chapter 60: Testing Theories

"Shit..." I exclaimed as I looked a the bottle of vodka I'd apparently left on the floor beside the dining room table. There was less than an sixth of it left and even that seemed to be generous. I grimaced as I sloshed the contents of it around.

When it was mixed with cranberry juice it was hard to tell how much you were drinking I guess. I had a weird feeling of trepidation as I headed back upstairs, feeling like Jacob was going to see it and start wagging his finger or something.

When I stepped back into the room, however, Jacob was staring at Atlas with the sort of dark look in his eyes that made me take a step back.

I handed him the bottle with some hesitation and he grabbed it. Peering at the bottle for the moment he gave me a sharp look before shoving it in his bag.

"You drank a lot last night..." Atlas stated.

I glared at him, he glared back.

Jacob turned around as he slung the backpack over his shoulder, glancing quickly at his phone as he looked back up. "I'll know if you drink." He informed me with such conviction I couldn't help but immediately believe him.

I glared at him. "You won't know."

"I will." He didn't look at me as he spoke, heading towards the door, leaning down to put his shoes back on.

"Well if you pass out on your doorstep every time you get drunk I'm pretty sure it won't be that difficult to realise." Atlas snickered, leaning back against the headboard of my bed.

I scowled at him but he ignored me.

"You're going now?" I asked Jacob.

He nodded once, turning to Atlas. "You're leaving as well." He informed him in the same no nonsense tone that made my stomach feel funny.

Atlas looked up, an eyebrow raised. "Say what? I'm pretty sure my dad isn't the one pissing in his knickers over his son not coming home last night."

Jacob gave Atlas a very dark look as he held the door open, looking down on us both with the perfect even features that made him look very much the part of the prince sitting in his palace as he surveyed his peasants. "Even playing field. I leave, you leave."

Atlas frowned at him, but after what felt like a long moment he did get up, pursing his lips. "Fine, give me a minute."

"What do you mean by that?" I asked Jacob, who ignored me. I felt my hackles rising but was immediately distracted by that when Atlas approached.

"See you in school on Monday." He told me.

I shrugged. "Okay." Not understanding what he was getting at.

There was a glint in his eyes. "Don't forget you owe me."

My face warmed. "Owe you..." I shoved his shoulder towards the door. "I don't owe you shit you ch- you p- ... Go make fun of someone else dickhead!" I spat, trying to avoid saying "cheater" or "pervert", words that automatically came to mind.

He narrowed his eyes. "You keep saying shit like that. All we-"

I quickly covered his mouth with both of my hands, pressing them tightly against him in an effort to get him to shut his big trap in front of Jacob who was still and silent watching us with the same haughty expression as before.

The last thing I needed was Jacob to find out about the humiliating deal I made with the guy when it turns out he had a girlfriend all along and I didn't break him up with his girlfriend. That still needed to be addressed but this wasn't the place. In fact the best place to address something like that felt like in the changing room when I rubbed chilli in their swimming trunks and watched them run out of there rushing to put ice on their dicks. That seemed like a great time to bring it up.