Chapter 122: Boys and Their Playmates

[A/N]  Hello (˵╹-╹)━♡

The door opened and they both stepped out and we quickly pulled back to avoid being seen from behind the receptionists desk.

"No way..." I breathed out. I was genuinely confused, it didn't make sense, it had to, but it didn't.

"Prick..." Atlas mumbled again, looking pissed as he shook his head.

The nurse, a different one than before, leaned over the edge of the table to look at us, a critical expression on her face.

Atlas looked up, "Just uh, surprising them when they leave." He muttered.

"You can't stay there." She told him in a monotonous tone, raising an eye with smudged eyeliner blending into her dark skin.

"Just a moment." He leaned out to check and I checked as well.

Jacob and Calliah and his new mother in law were standing in the hallway, conversing over something or other, not moving out just yet.

"You can't stay there." She repeated.

"Tying shoelaces." He waved his hand at her impatiently.

She looked at me, then back at Atlas. "You need a friend for that?"

"Tsk," He grabbed my foot and I nearly fell over and glared at him. "Tying his shoelaces!"

She made a face but rolled her eyes and got back in her seat. "Kids..." We heard her mutter.

"Let go!" I slapped his hands away from my foot which he was still holding, and we peaked out from behind the pillar reception desk, watching as Jacob's crew began to move out of the ultrasound room.

"Alright move." Atlas demanded from behind.

"Crap..." I backed up and Atlas did as well.

But while Jacob and the others were slowly moving out of the corridor to the right someone else was walking up from the other direction.

She limped in her pink trainers and light pink socks, light pink jean shorts and a light pink jean shirt, and a light purple top with a lucky cat image on it.

By the time I worked up to her face I realised I recognised her, but for the life of me I couldn't remember where exactly I must have met her.

"Atlas?" She addressed Atlas, who was still facing the direction of the hallway, in a soft tenor, one I recognised.

Ah shit, it was his not-girlfriend little sister. 

I panicked a little and hurried up to my feet and Atlas turned around, looked at her and then swung his head to look at me as I got up and grabbed my arm and yanked me down.

"Dude."

She looked at me and I saw the recognition in her eyes.

The guy that kissed her brother.

I shook his hand off me or tried. Atlas seemed to tighten his grip when I tried to pull my arm out as a matter of instinct and I jumped and yanked hard, nearly pulling Atlas over from his crouching position.

"Wait, motherfucker, wait." He glared at me. Then he looked up at his sister. "What are you doing Lily, go sit back down." He demanded, in a slightly softer tone.

I glared at him, so apparently he did have the ability to be nice.

"What are you doing?" She asked, her eyes flicking between the two of us.