Chapter 65: Mission Failed Successfully

[A/N] Morning by the time I finished writing, ahh goodnight.

(っ ︶︿︶ ς)" ᶻᶻᶻ

[Atlas's POV]

I was suddenly pulled out of my own thoughts when Lily suddenly asked me; "Do you know what that's like?"

I searched my brain for some sort of transcript of the dialogue that had been automatically rendering somewhere where I wasn't actively paying attention but only found it led up to a certain point.

So I pinned down the last sentence I remembered and thought maybe she was referring to having a friend dislike you for no reason and replied according to that.

"I guess." I replied.

Her eyes were wide. "So someone's cheated on you?"

I scrunched up my brows, rolling my shoulders awkwardly. "Oh, I guess..."

Had I been cheated on? I mean I'd had a few relationships before, mostly fleeting and relatively boring, I don't think I'd ever stopped to check if they were messing around with anyone else. The one time an ex of mine had definitely been flirting with someone else, who I'd swiftly decked in the face after he made comments when I pulled her away from him.

That probably should have been a more memorable occasion but it was a memory unaffiliated with much emotion, even at the time I knew I wasn't really that pissed, it's just in my nature to lash out if someone tries to fuck with me.

Yeah, I probably didn't have the capability to be jealous like that.

"What did they do? Who are they? Do I know them?" I thought she looked a little genuinely angry on my behalf and that was cute.

I sighed, reaching over to pat her head.

That was when I saw Akara. In the restaurant, where I was... I blinked.

I saw his eyes were on me, on the two of us and he stopped his march at our table, glaring down at me.

He looked great, much better than he had last night, the anger in his face looked good on him. His hair was messy and windswept, I saw the skateboard under his arm, he should have looked messy with his loose ripped jeans, slightly stained but instead he looked cute... I couldn't think of another word for it.

His eyes glanced at my hand, hovering across the table.

I looked at my hand, pulled it back, then turned to look at him with a raised eyebrow.

"What are you-"

But Akara spoke over me. "You said I owed you one."

My brain was still trying to keep up with what was happening and I didn't get what he meant by that, which was why when Akara suddenly reached forwards, his hand wrapping around the back of my neck as he leaned in and pressed a kiss to my lips, my eyes remained open and startled.

He looked bristling with irritation and yet the kiss itself was relatively gentle and tame. Was it weird to say his mouth tasted good and a kiss like that felt like a fucking tease.

And as the warm lips left mine and the little spark remained dancing on my lips I narrowed my eyes slowly.

Glancing at Lily I saw the most animated look of horror I'd ever seen on her face to date. Her mouth was open and her eyes wide, eyebrows scrunched pointed towards the middle of her forehead.