Chapter 173: Sending Marsh to the Farm

[A/N] Sorry this took so long. People were hoping for a double chapter update so I thought, hey I could do that, and started working on an independent chapter I could post on Patreon and make public to my Wattpad readers for a couple days but I'm running out of time. I still have to meet a word count requirement for other books of mine.

Next week I'll hopefully have that finished so we can have two chapters then! 

I give this chapter..... 🚞 1/5 cliffs!

Once we'd done a brisk search of the room and taken two, slightly dusty, small cardboard boxes with USB sticks in them plus two smaller ones in his desk drawer and grabbed his bag, laptop and phone from his pocket, the two of them started to shift him.

Marsh had like three bottles of brandy tucked underneath the desk, one was fully empty, the other only had a bit in it, and the last was half full. Who drank brandy in school as a teacher? And he didn't ever seem drunk. It felt weird to be able to see this side of the teachers nest, bizarre.

I hovered my hand over his nose again, still breathing normally as far as I could tell, his face was pulled into a permanent scowl, he didn't seem to be trying to wake up anymore and he still looked somehow... off putting even while he was sleeping, even while his face was showing more and more of that redness turning into real bruising.

I swallowed, wiping my hand on my jeans. "You probably shouldn't have uh... kicked him in the head... he'll need a CAT scan now..."

Atlas scoffed. "If he dies he dies."

Jacob sighed, passing a set of icy cold eyes in Marsh's direction. "He'll be fine. If he isn't the doctor will do what he can."

I pressed my lips together uneasily. There was a prickle of anger in the room that made me nervous even though I knew it wasn't directed at me, probably, right? I watched the two of them warily for a moment before continuing. 

"But how will we find a doctor to..."

"I can call someone. That's not a problem."

"And if your dad finds out..."

"If he finds out I'll tell him Marsh touched me." He smiled wryly as he forced Marsh to sit upright rather roughly.

Atlas chuckled. "That might just make it a real death sentence for him." He said with a pissed smile that looked particularly bloodthirsty.

Jacob made some calls. Part of my brain was overworking and the white noise coming from my head made it hard to pay attention.

Atlas left briefly to check the way was clear and then returned, calm as ever, with the usual confident stride that seemed so impossible in this situation, even Jacob looked tense and cold as ice.

"Hope that's your mate waiting across the road, other than that, no one else is there."

He checked his phone and nodded. "Let's leave first. Grab the bottles." Jacob ordered.

I reluctantly nodded. The last thing we needed was an 'I know what you did last summer' situation.

I didn't want him to die, not really, not now that he wasn't a threat anymore. Really I just... I just wanted him to not exist in the first place. I wanted to go home. I wanted them to come with me. I wanted to shake the tension in my chest.

They were calm, angry as death, but not seemingly angry at me, but I knew at some point once we'd sorted the situation, I'd have to explain to them why I didn't run to them first. In my head the image of me on my knees in front of them left my heart pounding and my hands sweaty