Chapter 81: An Unusual Form of Jealousy

To make matters worse this was not the last time I saw Callen that day, I didn't remember ever seeing him so much before but twice more he caught me in a busy hallway and demanded I correct things. My button, for one, was undone again, and my shoelaces needed to be tied correctly.

"I'll do it later..." I whispered to him, glancing at Jacob who watched with a look I didn't recognise well enough to assign an emotion to.

He smiled blandly. "Now."

Fucking balls. And so I crouched in the middle of the hallway as people were passing through and started retying my shoelaces. People glanced at me, but no one was staring harder than Jacob.

For a moment I seriously considered picking Callen up and seeing if he would bounce when I chucked him out of the window.

Class was painful as well, Jacob didn't exactly stare at me since then, he only glanced at me far more than he usually did, and the most annoying thing about it was how much I could feel it when he looked at me, I just knew it. So instead of falling asleep throughout the following class I remained with embarrassed throughout trying not to picture the damn photo.

I didn't know much about Callen except that he annoyed me. Something had happened and then one day he just really disliked me.

I wasn't able to avoid him because I didn't know where he was but at the same time I didn't notice him anywhere despite double checking.

My phone, on silent in my backpack where Jacob couldn't see it, lit up.

[ A m i r ]  woww what kinda pic?

[ M e ]  I said im not saying so drop it

[ A m i r ]  fine hahah

Just then Jacob grabbed my arm and pulled me and I thought I had been caught but he just forced me to sit back upright. I glared at him and he glared back. "The least you can do is stay awake." He hissed.

I looked at the bag from a distance this time, slowly lowering back down, glancing to see his glare worsen.

[ A m i r ]  idk i reaally cant talk to that guy. hes friends with one of my friends. they say hes not as bad as I think but thats doubtful.

I waited for him to turn back to finish writing out what the teacher was writing before texting him back.

[ M e ]  you dont know anything about him?

[ A m i r ]  I see him in the lockerroom is all. hes protective over it and really bitchy if you talk to him while he's unpacking , holds the door closed when u walk bye. so you can try looking in his locker ?

I sighed, leaning back. Dammit.

The photo was getting more and more blurry in my head as I tried to remember it. I wanted to see it again, know just how clear our faces were in it. There weren't many Asian kids in our school and the only others were really light-skinned, so either way it probably wouldn't help.

It was fucking haunting me.

I glanced at Jacob and felt his sharp gaze immediately catch mine, he looked down at me from the side and narrowed an eye.

I looked back at the desk hurriedly.

He wouldn't mind.

I kept trying to tell myself that but I didn't believe it.

The kiss between Jacob and I wasn't the same as the one with Atlas. Atlas had clearly been making fun of me, he'd burned me inside out, made my legs feel like jelly and make me feel weak and probably gotten some kind of power boner from it.