Chapter 89: Frocks and Pecks

My hair was damp as I was walking to my next class but as it turned out changing clothes wasn't an issue. Not because I was all set to wrap up in a lab coat for the rest of the day instead but because, since the upcoming Sunday was the festival date they took us down to our respective areas to sort out the rest that needed finishing.

While I was standing there in a dress with two girls on either side of me poking me with a needle, earnestly trying to make it look good for some reason, the rest of the class was off practicing swimming and setting up the various classrooms that were slowly being taken over by the festival.

I wasn't big into this stuff, it was full of whatever was the equivalent patriotism for education. One stall was branding T-shirts, socks and bandanas with the school logo and I even saw a couple bookmarks with prefects faces on them floating around, being traded between classrooms.

Tell me you wouldn't cringe from pain ten years later finding something like that in your sock drawer...

"Turn around?" Bell nudged me.

I turned around, accidentally patting the other girl, Norma, on the head as I moved.

The textiles room had a full length mirror behind this little offcut of the room with a curtain, which was where I was surrounded by the two slowly grinning girls.

I wasn't loving this kind of attention, but honestly... looking at the reflection was a bit of shock.

Was I going mad or did I look good?

I mean, my legs were hairy and somehow my hips were just too narrow for this to look normal but in a weird way it just... it looked elegant or something.  They pinched it in at the waist so even with narrow hips it still went out and felt like it would look kind of graceful when I walked.

My legs were kind of longer than I thought, and that probably looked weird in combination with being a tall man in a dress but honestly it wasn't bad looking. The skirt came up just below the knee and the entire dress was this blue checkered fabric that I initially thought was ugly as shit but had this kind of old village housewife style to it with the white apron with the single pleated frill along the edges.

I expected it to be more like one of those Japanese style things, tiny shirts and a heart shaped apron, something that would make all the guys feel about five centimetres tall except for the extremely extroverted kid talking loudly as he flashed his junk at every other person with his skirt and cackled.

It gave this kind of shape to my body that it didn't actually have, right? My shoulders looked so narrow, I looked really thin too.

Technically I knew I didn't weigh that much, looking at myself shirtless in the mirror was a bit disheartening at times, if I was thinking about it, when I saw how little muscle I had. I wasn't trying to bulk up but I wasn't weak and shouldn't look like it.

But I didn't wear clothes that were this tight so I didn't expect to look like this.

I wanted to turn around, see what it looked like if I spun the shirt around. But that would look a little too enthusiastic and they had pins lining parts of it so I stood still, made no expression, and slowly realised that looking good in this was only slightly more embarrassing than looking bad.

I swallowed, looking over each of my shoulders to see Norma and Bell waiting for me to be like wow amazing, I need five more in this size.

Shifting uncomfortably I turned away from my reflection.

"It looks really well made." I complimented them.

Because let's be real, the fashion club members did all of the work. I honestly was surprised they let us chew our way through so much fabric in the name of helping. I'd have been pissed if I were them.