Chapter 71: Meeting the Fan Trio

Since school prefect boy was off, presumably having a great time in the pool while we slaved away over the embarrassing costumes we would have to wear that I wasn't convinced would, if we were lucky, look anything like the weird maid outfit they were going for.

I sat there on the floor, my arse going numb, stabbing myself for a second time with a needle trying to sew something that would have been five seconds to sew if the teacher just came back to recommission more than three machines for us to use.

I wasn't great at socialising, I never usually did anything but this was pretty brainless work and they had music playing out loud to listen to, so I ended up by accident drifting into a group of other boys.

It wasn't too bad, no one expected me to talk. The sandy haired kid called Michael asked us what our reason was for joining, a couple just shrugged.

"I think it'll be fun." Said a kid called Dean with black hair and braces.

"I just had to join to make up numbers."

"Girls." Shawn grinned at each of us individually, I smirked back but every time the subject of girls or anything popped up my stomach twisted, I thought of Jacob and Atlas and my stomach filled with butterflies.

Avoiding Atlas wasn't the most difficult thing in the world, during class he was distracted by people hanging over his shoulder trying to muck up in class or at least chat and otherwise we didn't make a habit of hanging out. Really the only time I'd ever hung around him was when I was...

I rubbed my temples, putting the needle dangerously close to my head. "Now I have to avoid him too..." I groaned quietly.

"Huh?"

It took me a moment to realise that was directed at me and that people were looking at me. It must have gone quiet when I apparently randomly said that line.

I sort of panicked. "Uh- I said I..."

"Have to avoid him too?" Finished Dean for me.

"Yeah," I nodded. "Jacob."

"You're avoiding Jacob?" He asked.

"The prefect?" Shawn asked.

I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. "Um..."

The song they were playing changed. It seemed like by chance they had been playing a bunch of the music I liked and now my luck had changed I could feel it. 'My One and Only' was now playing but the one singer everyone in this school seemed way too into, Michelle Orielle.

"I mean he can be cold but once you get to know him he'll help you out if you need it."

"He's a good prefect." Shawn nodded.

"Yeah, well..." Michael shrugged, completely cutting through the pattern and inexplicably sticking one of those needle pins or whatever though it.

"Oh yeah, Michael hates him." Dean snickered.

"I don't hate him." Michael shrugged. "He's just up himself, y'know? Thinks he's better than everyone else. You don't think so?"

He was looking at me, and expecting an answer too.

I sat there for a moment, my mouth opened and my head went blank. Say yes, even better say fuck yes! No would be a lie. But yes was...

I panicked. "Nyes." I said.

He stared at me for a second like he was trying to figure me out. "Alright."

"The girl he likes keeps stalking Jacob. She's the one that made his page." Dean laughed at him.