Chapter 84: Running Laps and Making Plans

Sitting back in class with him was tough.

It wasn't like anything had changed though, and I wasn't scared of him at all. He thought he was intimidating but he wasn't, not at all. He could have straight up thrown me out of a window and I wouldn't have come back scared of him.

But he didn't.

And that was the problem.

I faced forward and didn't look at him, maybe I glanced at him like once, very responsibly, but otherwise ignored him.

He didn't even pay me a courtesy stare, like an ounce of guilt, nothing. I expected a sorry about taking the punishment too far or something, an awkward look. It drove me crazy.

Instead he sat there, relaxed in his perfect posture, casually writing notes as though this were any other day. He looked so damn comfortable with himself it made me realise that this wasn't Jacob snapping. This was Jacob all the time. He was like that.

Dominant and scary hiding under a cold but polite nerd outer layer.

Now I faced forwards and got nervous because the next normal thing to do for me was to lay on my side and go to sleep. Let him poke me with a pen and snap my hands and fingers with it before eventually drifting off. Then dream about something confusing and wake up with drool on my arm.

If I did that he would notice and... I saw that angry dark look he gave me in my head and shivered.

It meant nothing, but now I was struggling to ignore the fact that all those times he had promised to punish me in the past might very well have been meant seriously. That any number of times I could have ended up... I flushed darkly.

I did consider skipping class. I considered skipping school too, maybe moving across the country, or to a new one, somewhere warm near the equator... Where they saw my face and assumed I spoke their language.

I groaned in my head as I looked up at him, he looked handsome. Was it fucked up to say that? I should be pissed off but instead I felt small.

I wasn't bothered.

I wasn't about to prove to him that messing about with me like that worked. I was the same as before and he, nor anyone else was going to change me. The minute that got through to them was the minute I would stop fucking with my own head.

I didn't like them and he couldn't tell me what to do.

I almost slammed my head on the table putting it in my arms as I moved to feign sleep but other than that I was acting perfectly normal, and the moment I closed my eyes tight I tried to figure out exactly what might be going through his head. His expression was too cold, too unaffected. How could he not care that he just spanked me over a table? Shouldn't he be embarrassed or something too? Why was I the only one thinking about this.

The me in my brain was groaning, banging its head on the imported school table and chair.

My heart rate was a little faster than normal as I waited with the tense tension between the two of us to see what exactly his next move was.

Would he use that tone again? Would he ignore me?

Then he flicked my hand and I jumped in surprise, moving back suddenly, my chair scraping on the floor for a half second.

I looked up at him wildly and he froze mid air with his pen suspended in his fingers.

Raised eyebrow, relaxed broad shoulders, watching me as though I was being funny. "Afraid?" He murmured in a low voice.