Chapter 63: Mission Number Three

[Jacob's POV]

This was not all of my equipment, I groused as I rifled through the remains of what my father had been unable to cut into pieces or dispose of in some way. While it had never been a very round collection of items it had been sufficient, and now here it was; a pitiful shoebox of three or four useful items and some smaller things.

I didn't really have any close friends these days and the few that I considered closer than most were not involved in the BDSM scene but were mostly just tolerable. If I handed them a shoebox full of this sort of thing they'd open it and throw it at me.

Wouldn't Akara do the same? I frowned, surely that would be the natural conclusion given his erratic nature and yet I was convinced that he was just too naïve to think twice about it.

I sighed to myself. It would be easier to blackmail him into taking care of them. In any case I would have to try other options first.

"Take me to Peter's house, I have to discuss delegating duties between the prefects for the school festival." I ordered Anderson.

He glanced at me from the drivers seat through the mirror. "Sir..." He set his hands on the wheel but didn't move.

My mouth set in a grim line. "Fine. Head towards Cable Springs first then."

"Sir." He agreed, and started the car.

[Akara's POV]

"Wait wait wait!" Amir cried out as I dragged him along.

I swung around. "Stop dragging your feet!"

"We never asked what they wanted to eat!" He exclaimed.

Ah right.  I ran a hand through my hair.

We continued walking towards the restaurant, its massive letters visible through the tree in front of it as we approached. This was one of the larger ones with floor to ceiling glass windows and a big eating area. Shame it was pretty much in the middle of a parking lot.

We stood outside and I sighed and turned to Amir. "Don't bring up Jacob or Atlas in front of anyone." I demanded.

Amir raised an eyebrow. "Why? What's going on?" He looked horrified for a moment. "Are you dating Jacob?"

I smacked the back of his head. "No! Fucks sake!"

He gave me a look like he didn't trust me. "Then why aren't you saying you didn't kiss him?"

My face burned a little as I examined my shoes, just making sure my shoelaces were still tied, biting my lip. Should I have denied it straight out of the gate? No, because people had seen it, that would have been much more suspicious.

"I mean..."

"So you did kiss him..." He stared at me. "The school prefect? Really?! And a dude at that, since when are you-"

I slapped a hand over his mouth. "Would you fuckin' stop, you're so annoying."

He licked my hand. "Ugh, shit, gross."

"You're gross," He retorted, "Why is your hand so salty."

"Shut up." I smacked the back of his head again. "I didn't kiss him on the lips or anything. I just sort of bumped my head against his cheek. It's not my fault people see what they want to see."

"So you're not gay?" He asked, doubt in his voice.

I glared at him. "No!"

"But..." He stared at me, seemingly still not convinced.