Chapter 10

Carlos pov (the kids dad)
After Me and Julio set up the table, the doorbell ring and Daniela said I'll get it and Bonita said todos unstedes sean amables (all of you be nice). Enrique said you should be telling  that to Dulce and Dulce smacks his head and he said ouch you know you should be in volleyball cause you hit hard. She smirked and said I know I been told and a lady with her sons come in and Bonita said hola Myra and Myra smiled and hola Bonita and they hugged each other and she said these are my 2 sons  Manuel and Julian and I said hi I'm Carlos Bonita's husband and we shook hands. Enrique said hey wassup manny and manny said hey wassup foo and Dulce smiled wide and said hey Julian and he smiled wide also and said hey Dulce and he gave her a hug. Bonita said wow it seems like some of our kids know each other and Myra laughed and Daniela came in and said hi I'm Daniela but please call me dani and this is my daughter Dana and Myra said she is beautiful hola cutie and Dana smiled and said hola. Julio said hey I'm julio it's very nice to meet you and Myra said nice to meet you too julio and I said ok i hope everyone is hungry cause I know I am and we laughed and decided to eat outside cause why not it's a beautiful day. Bonita said so where you from Myra and Myra said well me and my sons are from here we was born and raised and I smiled and said are you married and she looked down and said my husband is dead and we was all quiet and Bonita said I am so sorry Myra but Myra cut her off and said it's not your guys fault he was stabbed to death over some gang stuff by his rival gang we still to this day don't know who killed him. I got kinda suspicious and julio said did he have any issues with someone and Bonita said Julio sufficiente this doesn't have anything to do with your uncle victor ok let it go and she got up and Daniela said We'll be back.

Daniela's pov
I went upstairs and went into her and dads room and said mamá estás bien (mom are you ok?). She cried and said no sweetie your father made me so mad and I hugged her and I said it's gonna be ok mom I'm sure he didn't mean it and she said yes he did I know what your father is capable of. I said what you mean and she said your father and your brother is in a gang and I said no they're not and she yelled yes they are they been hiding this ever since and I cried and yelled back no and walked out my room and run downstairs. Dulce said hermana lo que está mal (sister what's wrong) and I said did you know dad and Julio was in a gang and she said what no but I cut her off and screamed ANSWER ME NOW DULCE and she flinched and said no I didn't why are you screaming. I went outside and I got in dads face and said it is your fault why uncle victor died you didn't want to leave the issue alone with that guy so they killed my uncle 5 fucking times and you went and stabbed the guy that killed him you are a fucking murderer. I picked up Dana and walked out and mom said Daniela where but I cut her off and said I am going to stay with Rosa for a couple of days I love you mom, Dulce, and Enrique but I can't live under the same roof with dad not anymore and i walked out the door. I know it was harsh but that poor lady and her sons deserved to know the truth.