Treacherous - Mal x reader

Requested by: 22546Rainbow and F**_Sm0ker
Setting: All stars, episode: Zeek and Ye shall find. I tweaked the canon plot a bit to add to the love story, but it's still set in All stars!

Note: I know in the show he calls it "Multiple personality disorder," but that's an outdated term for DID. I'm calling it the correct name in this story out of respect for the DID community. :) 
-

Mike had been acting different lately, ever since Scott hit his head with a shovel. He had been consistently switching to an alter named 'Mal' and he had been like that for awhile. He had been causing a series of trouble, that only you knew about, but he had no memory of it. You once tried to talk to him about it, but he didn't want to approach the subject. He was scared and embarrassed, because he himself had a hard time understanding it.

When you met Mike during last season, he explained it to you that he had Dissociative Identity Disorder, and you knew all about his alters. For the most part, they never caused any trouble, and sometimes they'd be interesting to learn about.

You sighed, as you heard Cameron, Zoe, and Mal, who was pretending to be Mike, arguing in the cabin about who voted out Cameron. You knew it was Mal forging the votes, but no one listened to you whenever you tried to speak up.

You and Mal had an interesting sort of relationship. He had been protecting you through all the chaotic challenges Chris put you through, and he had always insisted on you spending time with him alone. You always spent time with him to figure him out even though you didn't completely trust him. You weren't sure why he was the way he is or how he could've formed through Mike.

Mal got out of the cabin, as Zoey and Cameron walked together, with Zoey assuring Cameron it would be okay. Zoey walked away with Cameron, trying to assure him he can still trust her.

"I can't believe they don't trust me." Mal said, with a knowing smile, as walked towards you. "They have no reason to believe it was me."

"Stop playing, I know it was you who did it." You scoffed, glaring at him, and crossed your arms. "Why did you do it?"

Mal sighed, then gave you an irritated look. "So that Cameron couldn't get further in the game. It's strategy."

"Whatever." You shrugged.

You and Mal walked alone in the forest together. This was your routine ever since Mike had been gone. Mal grabbed your hand as you both walked together further into the forest.

"This place is peaceful." Mal said. He proceeded to whistle a tune, as you walked together.

You gazed at the moon above you, as it shined above you and Mal. You smiled slightly, feeling strangely calm. You still weren't sure how to feel about Mal and how he was acting towards you. You knew you had feelings for him at this point, but you didn't know how to trust him completely.

Mal stopped walking then turned you towards him. He gently planted a kiss on your forehead, before smiling mischievously.

"It's you and only you, Y/N."

The next morning, Chris announced it was time for a challenge. He informed everyone to arrive at the McLean spa library. As Chris was speaking through the video call, Ezekiel the monster kidnapped him, causing the whole camp to erupt in panic. Chef assigned everyone to find Chris, and whoever finds him gets invincibility.

You, and Mal searched together, while splitting up with Zoey and Cameron. Zoey went into the hole with Cameron to go after Gwen. Mal carried you, as he jumped into another one, holding you tightly.

"Woah!" You screamed, as Mal held you tight, while you were falling.

Mal laughed, "This is fun."

Mal landed onto the ground, then set you down gently. "That wasn't so bad, was it?"

You shook your head, feeling your heart race. "Let's never do that ever again."

You and Mal continued the search for Ezekiel when suddenly you felt a hand grab your neck very tightly. You tried to scream, but the figure snatched you quickly, as you struggled against its grip.

"Y/N!" Mal yelled in panic. He ran as fast as he could to look for you, following the direction the figure ran towards. He began to feel angry at himself for letting the figure take you from him.

When Mal walked further into the tunnel, Ezekiel  knocked him unconscious then locked him in the cage with the other contestants. Mal groaned in frustration, doing his best to find a way out, when he noticed you were nowhere in sight.

Mal managed to use all his strength to break out of the cage, then sprinted where Ezekiel went off. 
He kept running until he spotted you sobbing in one of the tunnel's, laying on the ground with some scratches and bruises from Ezekiel's attack.

"Y/N!" He exclaimed, picking you up. His heart dropped at the sight of your injuries. His jaw clenched at Ezekiel, who disappeared once again. He wanted to make him pay for hurting you.

"It's okay." He whispered, kissing your forehead. He wiped your tears, continuing to carry you to safety. "I got you. It's okay."

"Thank you for saving me." You choked out, wincing in pain.

Mal sighed, looking frustrated. "Anything for you.. But don't make a big deal out of this or tell anyone!"

You chuckled, despite feeling your ribs hurt. "I won't."

Gwen and Cameron ended up finding Chris, and Gwen was deemed as the winner since Cameron got severely injured. You didn't mind that, as long as you weren't around that freak monster ever again.

-

Mal made sure to clean your scratches and bruises, once you got to the cabin. He was caring for your sores, as you sat outside the girl's cabin, looking at the beach in the distance.

"Let's go for a walk." You suggested, standing up.

Mal frowned, "But your sores-''

"It's okay." You sighed, looking down at the bruises. "I just want to clear my head for a bit and forget that ever happened."

Mal nodded in understanding, and put his arm around you as you walked towards the beach together. You sat on the sand next to him, dipping your feet in the water. You began to feel relieved as the sound of the waves crashing in the distance eased your anxiety from events earlier.

"Thank you for helping me, Mal. I really appreciate it."

Mal smiled shyly, before hiding it. "It was nothing. Like I said, don't make a big deal out of it."

"You always protect me during challenges.. Why?" You asked, staring at him in curiosity. Mike had never told you too much about Mal, and only mentioned him briefly. You wanted to know how this particular alter found you special and protected you.

"Because I've liked you for awhile. I've been watching you and Mike, and wanted you for myself." He admitted.

You looked down at the sand nervously, digging your feet into it, feeling the water beneath you. Mal frowned at your concerned expression, then lifted your chin up to look at him.

"Don't worry about me or Mike. Everything is going to be fine. Things just happen for a reason." Mal assured you.

You smiled softly, as Mal leaned forward bringing you into a kiss.

You both cuddled closely while you sat on the sand together watching the waves. That night, you knew Mal only had the best intentions when it came to you. He was a treacherous person, yet you liked him. You liked him a lot more than you thought.

"Just trust me, Y/N. Trust that what I do to protect you is real. You're mine." He whispered, as he brought you into another kiss.