City life - Dawn x reader

Requested by: Pyritefan
Setting: A city
-

"I'm excited for you to see my friends back home. They're going to like you."

You and Dawn were packing for a trip to visit your hometown during a week of the summer, which was a city in H/T. Dawn had never been in the city before, so this was exciting for the both of you. You had plans to take her everywhere, to the boutiques there so she could see the fairy gowns made by local designers, to the movies, since they had a big theater, and to walk around together under the lights. You were excited for her to be able to experience these things.

Dawn was used to living in the village, where you both attended school together. You wondered how she would adjust to the contrast between city and village life.

"I'm excited too. I've never been in a big city before, so this should be interesting." Dawn smiled, packing her things.

-

By the time you and Dawn got down from the plane, you had booked a rental car, so you could both stay in a hotel for the week you were visiting. You glanced at Dawn's amused expression in the car, and smiled. She just looked so cute and intrigued.

"This is definitely different than the village." She commented, admiring all the big buildings.

"Yup."

You arrived at the hotel, then you and Dawn headed inside to go into the room you booked the week before.

"So, what do you want to do first?" You asked your girlfriend.

Dawn felt herself start to blush. She could barely hide her excitement. You grinned, then pulled her into a hug. You kissed her cheek. "You're so cute! How about this - We can look up the destinations here, and you could pick! I want you to have a say in this, since it's your first time here."

Dawn nodded, feeling completely flustered. She knew she was going to have a good time here.

The first thing Dawn wanted to see were the boutiques you mentioned last week. She could barely contain her excitement when she walked into the shop and saw gowns that looked like they were made for a fairy. She tried some of them on, and you smiled, admiring her and took a lot of pictures of her twirling and posing.

You decided to buy her one of the gowns, even though she insisted you didn't have to. However, you insisted on buying her it anyway because she looked like a fairy, and knowing how she is with animals, it matches her fairy-like persona.

"Maybe you can wear it to the party tomorrow." You smiled, walking out of the shop with Dawn.

Dawn smiled, "I will! But what are you going to wear?"

"My black party dress like usual." You shrugged.

"Before we leave, you should get a fairy gown too." Dawn suggested, looking down at her shopping bag. "That way we could match."

"That's a good idea." You smiled, picturing you and Dawn wearing your gowns together back home in the forest surrounded by animals.

-

You and Dawn arrived at a party, which was at your friend Natalie's place. You saw some of your old childhood friends and felt nostalgic. You held Dawn's hand the whole time, introducing her to some of your old friends.

Everything seemed to be going okay until Dawn began to read their auras.

"Your dad left you when you were a child, which is why you go to parties to fill that void in you." Dawn said to one of your friends. You blushed a little, knowing how blunt Dawn is. Dawn means well but most people don't realize that.