Clueless - Devin x reader

Requested by: Sugarxspice
Setting: The Ridonculous Race -Starting from Hawaiian Honeyruin and some episodes in between.
-

"Wow!" Devin gasped.

He gazed at you, as you adjusted your grass skirt for the hot coal challenge. You crafted your accessories beautifully to match with it such as a seashell necklace and matching bracelets, along with a single plumeria flower. Devin found you beautiful.

Devin had a crush on you since you joined the race with your best friend as the (Team name). You decided to join the race so you could fulfill your dreams of traveling. Devin loved your motivation about traveling and how well you did during challenges. You were also kind, funny and just everything he wanted.

Carried walked up behind Devin, "What are you staring at?"

Devin blushes, completely swooned. "Y/N. She's beautiful."

You were currently being carried over hot coal by your best friend. Carrie and Devin listened intently at you and your best friend's conversation.

"You're heavy!" You friend joked.

You giggled, "Don't make me make you fall onto the hot coal."

They replied back, "Look who's talking. I'm the one carrying you!"

Devin and Carrie exchanged amused glances at you and your best friend's lighthearted banter.

Devin sighs, watching you and your best friend finish the challenge. " just.. I can't stop thinking about her."

Carrie looks at you from afar and says, "Maybe you should talk to her."

Devin hesitates, keeping his gaze on you. "Not right now."

Meanwhile, as you finished the challenge, you caught Devin staring at you with a bright blush on his face. You smiled shyly and waved at him and he shyly returned the wave.

You leaned in and whispered to your best friend, making sure no one could hear you. "Did you see that? He was staring!"

They smirked and replied, "Yeah, I saw that."

"Do you think he likes me?"

They chuckled, "The only way for you to find out is to talk to him!"

You blushed, feeling unsure what to do. "I don't know. He's probably dating someone."

"You'll never know unless you try."

"Hmm. Maybe you're right."

—-

The next day, it was either the Tennis challenge or the cleaning challenge. You and your best friend decided to go for tennis, since you didn't trust the height of the building.

Devin watched as you played a few rounds, occasionally missing, but still getting there. He decided to strike up a conversation with you, "Hey Y/N."

You turned to him, surprised. "Hey."

Devin scratched the back of his head, trying to hide how nervous he was. "You did very good out there. You remind me of my girlfriend, Shelley."

You felt your heart drop. He has a girlfriend?

"Oh." You smiled, trying to hide your disappointment. "That's nice. I'm glad to be compared to someone as lucky as her."

Devin blushed, "Yeah.. Um.."

Carrie gently interrupted you two, "Hey Devin, can we talk?"

Devin nodded then excused himself from you. Devin and Carrie walked a short distance away from you. "What's wrong, Carrie?"