The four musketeers - Poly!Duncan x reader x Noah x Axel

Requested by: SimpforCeaserTorress
Setting: The woods
Note: I aged Axel the same for this story, since she's canonically younger than them in the series.
-

Love, understanding, and adventure were common themes in your unconventional relationship with Duncan, Noah, and Axel. You were like the four muskateers going off on some random adventure that either involved pranks with Duncan, survival training with Axel, library dates with Noah, and ice cream dates with you.

Duncan and Axel were the most adventurous and mischievous ones in the relationship with Duncan being the troublemaker who always gets caught, and with Axel being the zombie hunter with anger problems.

You and Noah were the more levelheaded ones with Noah being a sarcastic bookworm with a kind heart, and with you being the more feminine girl of the relationship who had never stepped out of your comfort zone. So, you can imagine that everyday, there is never a dull moment in the relationship.

Today, Duncan and Axel decided to take you and Noah on a camping trip in the forest, where Axel could be on the lookout for zombies, and Duncan could cause a little trouble. Noah was a little irritated with their idea, but went along with it.

The sun was setting, so you all knew you had to hurry before it got darker. You found a comfortable spot to camp in the forest, then helped the three set up the camp. You waited by the campfire with Noah, while Axel and Duncan ventured off to get more supplies.

"Do you think those two would cause more trouble than usual today?" You chuckled, leaning onto Noah's shoulder, watching Axel disappear into the woods.

Noah laughed, bringing you into a hug. "I wouldn't be surprised."

You continued to snuggle Noah on a blanket while watching the clouds together, until you heard Axel storm towards the campground.

"Here." She said, holding up roasted pieces of meat. "I caught a boar that was roaming around. Dig in."

"Thanks Axel!" You beamed, taking out a paper plate. Axel set the roasted meat onto your plate.

Noah grimaced. "Um.. I'll pass."

"I didn't catch this for nothing. Eat!" Axel growled, shoving the piece closer to him.

Noah glanced at the roasted boar, then slowly nodded taking it onto his plate. "I wish we could've brought extra food."

"Nonsense." Axel snapped, sitting beside you and Noah. "When the zombie apocalypse comes, we can't keep relying on resources being handed to us. We need to survive on our own."

"Right." Noah sighed, taking a bite of the roast. "Mm.. This isn't that bad."

Axel smiled proudly. Duncan came towards the campground with an excited expression, "Guys! You wouldn't believe what I discovered."

"What is it?" You asked, taking a drink of water.

"I found an abandoned house! Let's explore it." Duncan told you, gesturing towards deeper in the woods.

Noah tensed up, then glanced at your nervous expression. He spoke up, "Duncan, I don't think that's a good idea. It's already dark, and I don't think it would be safe."

"Don't be such a buzzkill." Duncan laughed, gesturing you to follow him. "Come on!"

Axel shrugged then got up to follow Duncan. You and Noah glanced at each other nervously, before following suit.

Duncan led you all to the abandoned house deep into the forest, and you felt chills down your spine. The abandoned house looked like it was straight out of a horror movie. You weren't sure what to believe with the paranormal, but the rustling leaves and eerie silence filled you with an overwhelming sense of dread. Sensing your distress, Noah enveloped you in his arms, whispering for you to relax.