Ballerina - Jo x reader

Requested by: Zlurpii
Setting: A theater. Takes place after Total Drama
-

"This performance will be one of the biggest of the year. My instructor had been preparing me for months." You told your girlfriend, Jo. "I'm really nervous."

You are currently in school training towards becoming a prima ballerina. You have been training for years since you were a child, but you still get nervous during big performances. Many people thought you were gifted and saw a lot of potential in you. When you met Jo for the first time in high school, at first she thought ballet was lame until she saw you dance in the talent show. Afterwards, she complimented you, and you two ended up becoming friends then something more. 

However, despite people's compliments, you still felt nervous because you had a solo for the first time since last year. First it was a group performance, then it was your solo. 

"You'll do fine." Jo assured you, keeping her eye on the road, as she drove. "You're the best one there. Stop being such a scaredy-cat, you chicken head!"

"I sure hope so." You sighed then smiled softly. You were glad that Jo was going to be there because she always made you feel better.

Jo grabbed your hand, then rubbed it lightly to soothe you. You smiled, feeling a little more relaxed by this gesture.

-

When you and Jo arrived at the theater, she took her seat at the reserved area in the front, while you went to go change. You met the other dancers, who were also getting ready and talking about their solos. After getting into your attire, you peeked out on stage and saw many people. Your nerves begin to act up again. 

"I got this." You breathed out. "Jo is going to be there. Just focus on Jo."

 You tried to think of how Jo was confident when she was in Total Drama and how she would lead her team. You had always admired Jo for her being confident in her athletic abilities and wanted to be more like her. You wondered how she could do that, to present herself so confidently without caring what others think. 

Soon, it was time to perform.

-

Jo watched you proudly from the audience, admiring your grace and elegance. It reminded her of how much you contrasted with her. She secretly wanted to be more like you, so gentle, feminine and elegant. She wondered how you did it, how you could present yourself with grace so effortlessly.  

She took a couple of videos, and pictures, blushing at how attractive you looked while you were dancing.  

You felt at ease as you were dancing with the group. The crowd watched in amazement at how you all managed to put together such a performance. You felt a little more confident as time went by. You decided to not worry too much about your solo.  

At the end of your performance, you all went backstage and your instructor announced that you were up next for your solo. You began to feel your nerves act up again, and your heart began to race. 

"Focus, Y/N." You whispered, drinking some water. "Focus."

After a few minutes, you took a deep breath then walked on stage. 

You froze slightly when you felt all eyes on you. You tried your best to concentrate on your moves as you tiptoed then held your leg out. You began to dance, focusing on the movements as much as you could. 

Just as you were about to feel your confidence come back as you performed, you ended up slipping  then fell and sprained your foot. The majority of the audience gasped in shock.