Say you'll remember me - Chris x reader

"When I grow up, I want to be an actress." You told the class.

It was the first day of seventh grade, and as always, every school year, you all had to introduce yourselves to each other.

You've wanted to be an actress since the fifth grade, when your class did a play on Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. You played the role of the evil witch. Since then, you wanted to act in more films, and always sought every opportunity you could find. You realized this was what you wanted a career in.

Of course, in middle school, not everyone is kind. Some kids just want to act high and mighty to look cool. You did receive some support for your passion for acting, but there were some kids who would bully you. It was hard to make friends. There was one instance where you went to the counselor's office crying. The counselor told you about how you can join a drama club to be with other kids your age who may have the same interests.

So, your mom took you to the community center where kids in the drama club met. You made many new friends more easily, and learned some of them went to your school and other schools. One of them was named Chris McClean, who dreamt of starting his own reality show in the future. Chris attended the other school next to your district.

You and Chris connected, became best friends, then ended up spending time together outside of the club. Over time, your friendship grew into something more. At the beginning of your junior year, when you were both sixteen, you attended the same high school, and started dating. You both dated until you graduated, because you had different futures.

Chris was busy pursuing his dreams of becoming a star, while you went to college. Then, after graduating with a degree in theater, you decided to pursue your dreams. To your luck, a manager of a well known agency discovered you. Your career took off, with you starring in a lot of big movies with significant roles.

Present day

Today is fifteen years since the day you and Chris broke up. You learned he is now a reality TV director for a show called "Total Drama." You've always wondered if he even remembered you, his old girlfriend, Y/N.

"Probably not," you thought. Chris was this big star now, and you both had very different lives.

As always, you were on set practicing your lines for another film. You've been doing a lot of action films, and thrillers. 

"Y/N!" Your film director called you over.

You walked up to him, "Yes?"

"You're invited to attend an award ceremony for your role in the new Superman move!" He beamed.

"Really?!" You asked, feeling excited. "But I didn't get a lead part, why am I invited?"

"You're just that great!" He chuckled. "The award show is next week Monday."

"I guess I'll be there." You smiled.

-
It was the day of the award ceremony. For some reason, you felt nervous even though you'd been to many award ceremonies before. You got yourself a drink, then sat at one of the tables, after saying hi to some of your friends. You sighed, wishing to just get the award then go home. You were tired already.

"Y/N? Is that you?" You looked up seeing Chris standing in front of you with a shocked face.

"Hi!" You smiled, "Yes, I am, I remember you. Chris, how have you been?"