Things will never be the same again - Jacques x Male reader ANGST

Requested by: Sociall 

Note: I censored out the slurs because I didn't want to write it out. 

When you and Jacques had been best friends, you were inseparable. You both have been close since childhood, and spent a lot of time doing after school activities such as dance, and drama club. You both know nearly everything about each other, but Jacques does not know this; Your feelings for him. 

Growing up, the town you live in has always been conservative. No one spoke about things such as sexuality, and if it is discussed, it is always looked down upon. People may be more open minded today than they were back then, but it is still a tough topic to approach for most people in your town. 

You've always had feelings for Jacques. However, you didn't realize it until you were in middle school. Now, you both were seniors in high school, and your feelings for him are still unknown. You've wanted to tell him, but Jacques has never been open about his sexuality. He's never dated a guy or girl before, but never expressed actually liking anyone. 

Jacques has always given you mixed signals. Sometimes it seemed like he saw you more than a friend, when he would wink at you, say pickup lines, and call your time together dates. But he always insisted he was joking. You were still unsure because there were times when he did seem to genuinely be interested in you. Such as; the time he gave you his jacket, when he would carry you whenever you fell asleep on the bus, and when he would put his arm around you. You tried to look at his advances as him just being a close friend, but he was never clear with his intentions. 

Today was the usual routine, where you stayed back after school to rehearse for drama club. The instructor was late, so you decided to write some poems in your journal. 

"You okay?" Jacques asked you.

You looked up, and closed your journal. "Yes." 

Jacques smiled, "Are you excited for the new film we are going to be in? It is the first of our senior year!"

You chuckled, putting your journal in your bad, "Yes! I just hope this time I can get a big part in the play." 

"I'm sure you will." Jacques replied, "You're very passionate about acting." 

The instructor, Mr. Mclean walked in, "Good morning, everyone. I am going to pass a script and character descriptions for the film!" 

Everyone gathered around the instructor to receive their script. 

"Of course it's Romeo and Juliet." You laughed, sitting down next to Jacques. 

"Yeah, but.. I like it." Jacques admitted. 

Suddenly, a girl walked into the room, and everyone looked towards her. She had curly brown hair, blue eyes, and wore a mini dress. She smiled, and walked towards the instructor. 

"Hi! I'm Angelina. I just transferred here and signed up for the club." She smiled. 

Mr. Mclean handed Angelina the information about the new film, then introduced her to the class. You looked towards Jacques and your heart dropped, when you saw him staring at her. You tried not to think much about it. After all, Jacques is just your friend. 

After the instructor was done going over the film, it was time to go home. He assigned roles to the students, and gave Jacques the lead part "Romeo." He stated he was still deciding on who could be Juliet.  

You and Jacques walked home together, as usual. 

"I can't believe he gave me the lead!" Jacques exclaimed, putting his arm around you.